By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

PAOerfulone said:
zorg1000 said:

I noticed that too, there are no 1st party titles announced for August/September but 4 in October/November.

Like @znake mentioned, they probably want to give Pikmin all the spotlight for the summer to see what that series is truly capable of w/ a brand new entry on a very successful console that still has juice left in it.

Then come October, it's all aboard the Mario train, presumably for the last time on the Switch.

Between Wonder, RPG, WarioWare, and the Mario Kart bundle again, it's gonna be a very Mario-heavy holiday this year.

That and possibly let Aug/Sept be for the big DLC releases like Mario Kart Wave 5, Pokémon Teal Mask, Splatoon Side Order, maybe ToTK DLC.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

Sorry for the strange comment, but I'm sure r34 artists are going to traumatize a lot of people... cof cof Mario Elephant

Naaaah, there's more chances of them drawing what is gonna Peach/Daisy Elephant than the Mario variant. 

Now I imagine Yoshi being playable is also gonna have one ... *Shivers*

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Shikamo said:

Sorry for the strange comment, but I'm sure r34 artists are going to traumatize a lot of people... cof cof Mario Elephant

Naaaah, there's more chances of them drawing what is gonna Peach/Daisy Elephant than the Mario variant. 

I don't think it'll be that bad having Elephant Yoshi.

I think Sonic superstars looks much, much better. This coming from a 2d Mario fanatic. I am sad I didn’t like what I saw! I need to see more.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

I don't think it'll be that bad having Elephant Yoshi.

I've scrolled down twitter and saw nice artwork of Yoshi's Elephant form (it could actually work).

Though the first post I saw was a cursed image of Elephant Peach 🙃

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

We also have new Mickey game Disney Ilusión Island in july

Switch has enough life left in it to make this a 40m+ seller by the end of its run.

People have to remember that Super Mario Odyssey crossed the 25m mark already and SMB Wonder is simply a bigger deal. Not to mention that NSMBU Deluxe sold more than 15m copies already and that's just a port of the final game of the NSMB series that had become stale by that point.

That's why it's weird to see a bunch of people say 20m+ in this thread, unless they all mean 20m+ by the end of 2023.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

Switch has enough life left in it to make this a 40m+ seller by the end of its run.

People have to remember that Super Mario Odyssey crossed the 25m mark already and SMB Wonder is simply a bigger deal. Not to mention that NSMBU Deluxe sold more than 15m copies already and that's just a port of the final game of the NSMB series that had become stale by that point.

That's why it's weird to see a bunch of people say 20m+ in this thread, unless they all mean 20m+ by the end of 2023.

I agree, I think this game is going to blow past everyone's expectations. The reception so far has been tremendously positive and we've probably hardly seen anything this game has to offer.

Tears of the Kingdom did 10 million in 3 days, which is insane for an exclusive, though I can see SMBW soaring past that. This would also be a great game to bundle for the holidays, maybe add in the movie as well.

Yesterday we were starving for anything Mario for years, and now all of a sudden they're just dropping everything at once lol. Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster, Super Mario RPG remake, new Princess Peach game and of course this new Super Mario Bros. Wonder, which looks interesting.

RolStoppable said:

Yeah, NSMB Wii did over 10 million in its opening quarter and that released in mid November-early December depending on region so Wonder has a few extra weeks on top of being on a console with a larger and more active user base.

We saw last year that Pokémon Scarlet/Violet shipped over 20 million in its opening quarter and Animal Crossing did over 20 million in just over 3 months so we know it’s possible on Switch. If not the end of year, it should certainly do it by the end of the fiscal year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.