By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

Trailer already at over 3 million views on NoA channel alone.

Around the Network
Valdney said:

I think Sonic superstars looks much, much better. This coming from a 2d Mario fanatic. I am sad I didn’t like what I saw! I need to see more.

Sonic looked just ok to me, felt kinda bland and 4 player co op sounds like a terrible idea for a 2d sonic game.

znake said:

We also have new Mickey game Disney Ilusión Island in july

Sure, but I doubt that'll do as well as Super Mario Bros. Wonder, even with branding as big as Mickey Mouse.

CaptainExplosion said:
znake said:

We also have new Mickey game Disney Ilusión Island in july

Sure, but I doubt that'll do as well as Super Mario Bros. Wonder, even with branding as big as Mickey Mouse.

Mmm, I don't think that was the intended goal. Game looks more inspired by Rayman.

Love the fact they used the aesthetic of the recent Mickey Mouse show for this one. Could be a real fun tour 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I don't know why they choose to make peach take a cap out of nowhere as a floating device instead of using her dress like previous games

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:

I don't know why they choose to make peach take a cap out of nowhere as a floating device instead of using her dress like previous games

I actually didn't notice, but it sounds hilarious. XD

The game looks fantastic and seems like exactly what the series (and the Switch) needed. Very much looking forward to it.

CaptainExplosion said:

Now I wish Wario was playable. XD

It would be the closest thing to a new Wario Land we will ever get :(

Nintendo is really going to have their 3 fastest selling games/launches in the span of less than 1 year between S/V, TOTK, and SMBW.
Even if the Switch is slowing down saleswise in hardware, in software it is still VERY MUCH a monster.

And it's very fitting that it's the Big Three that holds those spots.

My overall thoughts are that:

a) it feels very gimmick-based, which is not necessarily bad, but boy do the whole Wonderland vibes make this stuff stick out.

b) new physics engine is very different from NSMB, which was floaty and heavy. This looks fast and snappy like SMW instead, a welcome change.

c) Yoshi succ in the trailer when Mario jumps on their back. What even are hitboxes? :D

d) it'll likely be a very easy game given the target demographics seem younger than other Mario games. Hopefully, there are still some challenges included like SMO.