By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

Now I wish Wario was playable. XD

Around the Network

Nintendo giving us everything we want :)
+30 million
Switch reaching 160-165 million in early 2025

I wonder if Elephant Mario has any weaknesses. It certainly helped Mario kick a Goomba away, can it best Thwomps like Hammer Bro Mario?

It's official. Nintendo is firing all of it's big guns for the Switch. There is no software that they are willing to hold back. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they remade Mother 3 with a worldwide release. Nintendo is doing everything they can to make the Switch as successful a platform as possible.

I plan to get this the weekend that it releases.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 21 June 2023

I wanna play as Daisy first!! ^^

Around the Network

Nintendo just casually announcing another 20+ million seller

pikashoe said:

They've probably been saving this for a while. 

There was no chance they were ever releasing a Mario movie and not having a new Mario game ready in the same year if they could ... a 2D Mario also just made sense, the last original 2D Mario game was over a decade ago at this point unless you are counting Mario Run on iOS/Android. This is way overdue, but I suspect they held off on it until the Mario movie was out and had a chance to have its box office run. 

Soundwave said:
pikashoe said:

They've probably been saving this for a while. 

There was no chance they were ever releasing a Mario movie and not having a new Mario game ready in the same year if they could ... a 2D Mario also just made sense, the last original 2D Mario game was over a decade ago at this point unless you are counting Mario Run on iOS/Android. This is way overdue, but I suspect they held off on it until the Mario movie was out and had a chance to have its box office run. 

And what a run it was. ^^

I wonder how weird these boss fights are gonna be in this game. If the wonder flower is any indication, that final Bowser fight could get crazy with it's visuals haha !

Anywoo, it's good to be excited for a 2D Mario platformer again.

Although I wonder why they packed sooo much at the end of October to November ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

I wonder how weird these boss fights are gonna be in this game. If the wonder flower is any indication, that final Bowser fight could get crazy with it's visuals haha !

Anywoo, it's good to be excited for a 2D Mario platformer again.

Although I wonder why they packed sooo much at the end of October to November ...

They are giving PIKMIN 4 time to shine  me thinks 

Last edited by znake - on 21 June 2023