By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic FPS Unrecord gets gameplay trailer - Coming to Steam

In Unrecord, a game created by DRAMA  you play as a police officer who needs to solve a complex case, by fighting enemies and finding clues as a detective. The game uses his body cam as the point of view. You can tell how the graphics are super well made (it uses Unreal Engine 5 and some effects to simulate a video tape, like the mosaic on enemies faces).

No release date yet, but DRAMA studios told us that this is an very early gameplay video, so a lot of things are subject to change. PC is the only confirmed platform for now, but I'm sure it will come to consoles if it becomes a success.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 21 April 2023

Around the Network

I'm sure this will cause a debate. I have played a lot of FPS games. Even a couple CoDs (only finished one, Infinite). I'm playing Prodeus right now. This game makes me feel uneasy. Maybe it's because I accidentally saw a snippet of footage from the mass shooting a few years ago who live streamed it from a body cam so it's just making me think of that. Looking at this game I get some of the same dread in my stomach. I can play Ninja Gaiden and a bunch of M-rated bloody games no problem. This just isn't sitting well with me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I'm sure this will cause a debate. I have played a lot of FPS games. Even a couple CoDs (only finished one, Infinite). I'm playing Prodeus right now. This game makes me feel uneasy. Maybe it's because I accidentally saw a snippet of footage from the mass shooting a few years ago who live streamed it from a body cam so it's just making me think of that. Looking at this game I get some of the same dread in my stomach. I can play Ninja Gaiden and a bunch of M-rated bloody games no problem. This just isn't sitting well with me.

Yes, it probably will. It looks way too realistic, and certainly it's fuel for people who likes to blame videogames for real life murders.

But this game is looking nice, I will probably try it when it's released.

I can't believe that's an actual video game. that looks insane. Miles ahead of anything we have now.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 22 April 2023

Well I watched it a few times, the opening scene outside looked real, even the trees without leaves and had me going wow.

Inside it just looked like a game with poor lighting, Maybe cause we used to over the top lighting effects in games.

It feels like it's trying to mimic photorealism but not all textures hit the mark. For example in the warehouse some of the beams, containers, the van, over the top shiny van window considering the condition of that van but it hasn't been nailed quite right and still feels like a fake texture. Then again maybe I am used to how beams for example look like in Aus, and these just look fake based on the colours chosen. The oil heaters and the concrete rubble in the rooms also looked fake.

So in my eyes, I think we probably a gen or two away from 100% real photorealism.

Around the Network
Eric2048 said:

I can't believe that's an actual video game. that looks insane. Miles ahead of anything we have now.

I don't believe it is. Rather a fake made will real footages.

We are way too far from this today.

Amnesia said:
Eric2048 said:

I don't believe it is. Rather a fake made will real footages.

We are way too far from this today.

Nope.

The texture work are insane but the lighting kinda sold it to me as a video game still.

Anywoo, this definitely could have repercussion in the future of realism in the video game landscape. If we're about to get to such a threshold already. It might be more difficult to distinguish the essence of real life vs the video game world.

Though, I'll say it again, on a personal level, this is impressive on a technical level but to me it looks as dull as anything you could pick out outside of your window or park now ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The indoor lighting lets it down a bit, it looks too uniform, and the way the torch casts light looks fake, for example in the dark it only illuminates a direct circle, whereas in real life the bounce lighting would indirectly illuminate all around.

That said, I do like the way it's going for a hyper-realistic presentation. Playing as a cop shooting people in a realistic way though is gonna really anger a lot of people, though as always the outcry will only give it free publicity, just like No Russian did back in 2009.

I envision a next gen mirrors edge to look like this