By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 7, 2023 (06 Feb - 12 Feb)

So it seems that Jimbo wasn’t Bluffing 

Around the Network
Shatts said:

Harry Potter was actually pretty big in Asia as well. However, that was like 20 years ago when it first came out, and ever since Harry Potter pretty much ended years ago I feel as though the franchise hasn't seen too much light. In Europe and America, children are still recommended to read Harry Potter in schools and such so makes sense why the fanbase is still alive. Not the biggest sale numbers in Japan and probably the ROW, but with how big the sales are in Europe and most likely America, I think it easily passed 10m in its first week. Always nice to see excessive boycott activities helping the sales^^

They recently added the HP films on netflix in Japan and this was the result:

Forspoken, One Piece Odyssey, and Disgaea 7 have fizzled out already.

Not a single PS4 game in the top 30 too; Japan seems to be moving on.

konnichiwa said:
Shatts said:

Harry Potter was actually pretty big in Asia as well. However, that was like 20 years ago when it first came out, and ever since Harry Potter pretty much ended years ago I feel as though the franchise hasn't seen too much light. In Europe and America, children are still recommended to read Harry Potter in schools and such so makes sense why the fanbase is still alive. Not the biggest sale numbers in Japan and probably the ROW, but with how big the sales are in Europe and most likely America, I think it easily passed 10m in its first week. Always nice to see excessive boycott activities helping the sales^^

They recently added the HP films on netflix in Japan and this was the result:

That's because Netflix Japan is very poor for films. I watched everything decent 2 years ago and then they finally add Harry Potter which I already watched...

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Week 1 wasn't 85k. It was 39k. Famitsu counts the weeks differently anyways. The last week from last year they count as week one of this year and that week was 46k. Because of a holiday they skipped reporting on one week and reported the comined number of 85k and later reported the separate numbers.

@ShadowLink93 has a table with all the numbers already in the thread.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Signalstar said:

Prove it.

PS5 game sales in the Famitsu Top 30 are even with Hogwarts big release week below the weekly PS5 console sales. At this day and age a console normally has an attach rate of around 3-4 games per console, yet the PS5 still sits at below 1 and that doesn't seem to change so far.

Of the reported 93k PS5 units reported sold this week how many do you estimate were bought with the intention of being shipped outside of Japan? And to which countries?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I remember when these threads used to get loads and loads of posts. My how times have changed.
Keep up the good work keeping this forum alive

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:

I remember when these threads used to get loads and loads of posts. My how times have changed.
Keep up the good work keeping this forum alive

Kinda refreshing when you don't have to go through a single page of NX rumors, isn't it 😏

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

In 6 to 8 months we will be going through that again with the next Nintendo console