By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo may soon be joining the rest of the industry by pricing at $70 according to Zelda eShop listing

Around the Network

Nintendo going up to $70 would be pretty awful for me, you can't even wait for a good discount like you can with other publishers because Nintendo pretty rarely discounts and when they do, it's usually $10 off, $20 off at most.

I dont think its wise to do so at the end of Switchs life

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I figured Nintendo would do it at some point. But I was thinking they would wait until their next console. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

No price on it when you click on the link. Wonder if it was a Canadian price, i remember seeing someone say something similar about another game, and it turned out they were looking at the Canadian Nintendo eshop by accident. I would be surprised if it was true, but I fully plan on Nintendo following suit on the next console.

Around the Network

I had the game saved on Best Buy ever since it was available for $59.99. Just checked and it is no longer available for preorder. $70 game incoming!

If you were Nin and want to charge $70 also, and didn't want to wait for next gen, when would you do it so the negativity would be as low as possible?

The Legend of Zelda:Tears of the Kustomer.

Are they finally embracing the memes?

I can't think of anything worse especially considering Nintendo games are notorious for staying full price forever.

rapsuperstar31 said:

No price on it when you click on the link. Wonder if it was a Canadian price, i remember seeing someone say something similar about another game, and it turned out they were looking at the Canadian Nintendo eshop by accident. I would be surprised if it was true, but I fully plan on Nintendo following suit on the next console.

The price increase was posted on 4 different countries' eShops, US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, each in their respective currencies, and then deleted from all 4. Speculation is it was an accidental early post for a price increase to be announced on the direct tomorrow.

Since they took down the pricing in question, let's see if this was an error from their department or something else like a screen taken from another country's eshop who knows. (Though it was surely not from the Canadian eshop cuz the price would be at 80 CAD$)

Otherwise, like usual, it'd be inevitable for Nintendo to fall in with the consensus of the AAA industry.
Although their profits are raising like never before, they still feel the need to make the customers pay more and more. The 70$ price tag is just the latest in a series of price increase we've been getting since the turning of the 10's.

*Sigh*

Let's hope it was just a mistake really. Though it's not like I would mind as much considering a game like Zelda TOTK, I feel, would definitely match the value of the 70$ price tag. Or a Xenoblade game for example.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909