By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Last of Us: The Series Thread

Did not enjoy the gameplay of the last of us, so I think the series is going to be for me! Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

I'll get it on disc i like to own my series

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I really want to watch this. But i dont want to spoil the game since i am waiting to play The Last of Us remake on pc. Can anyone give an opinion on this?.
I'm someone who plays games like this more for the story so if the TV show spoils the story of the game in a big way i would maybe put off playing the game as i would already know the story.

zero129 said:

I really want to watch this. But i dont want to spoil the game since i am waiting to play The Last of Us remake on pc. Can anyone give an opinion on this?.
I'm someone who plays games like this more for the story so if the TV show spoils the story of the game in a big way i would maybe put off playing the game as i would already know the story.

It is basically The Last of Us Remake for television, follows the same story.

There are changes. Some things are more fleshed out, and take longer.

Some things are sped up.

zero129 said:

I would recommend waiting to play the game then. So far it hits the same story elements of the game with some small changes. It'll be interesting to see what kind of changes the series will make going forward. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
zero129 said:

It is basically The Last of Us Remake for television, follows the same story.

There are changes. Some things are more fleshed out, and take longer.

Some things are sped up.

smroadkill15 said:
zero129 said:

I would recommend waiting to play the game then. So far it hits the same story elements of the game with some small changes. It'll be interesting to see what kind of changes the series will make going forward. 

If thats the case i guess id be better waiting to play the game first. I dont want to spoil the games story by watching the TV show as i just wouldnt play the game then. Besides not long left before the game comes to PC and i guess by then all the eps of the TV show will be out so i can play the game then bench the TV show with my wife

Jaicee said:

This has been widely described by the critics as one of the best video game adaptations ever made, and by some as the best.

To be fair, that's a very low bar!

Ka-pi96 said:
Jaicee said:

This has been widely described by the critics as one of the best video game adaptations ever made, and by some as the best.

To be fair, that's a very low bar!

This is true.

10 million viewers after 2 days:

Episode 2

Spoiler!
Man, they did a great job with the clickers! Not just their design, but the suspense they built up was excellent. It was really cool seeing all the locations ripped right out of the games, almost down to the floor plans in some cases. Maybe they both worked off of real locations within Boston or something. Looking forward to seeing Bill next episode!