By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Last of Us: The Series Thread

An ok episode, everything with Ellie and Joel was great, loving the slow development of the relationship. Everything else was ok nothing special.

Around the Network

It’s weird to say this but I feel like episode 3 helped you get inside of the mind of someone like Joel. His shift in demeanor in episode 4 is evidence of the commitment he has to protect Ellie.

I loved the character development and the buildup for the next episode. I’m just curious if this will be a continuous pursuit throughout the season or just one of many stops.

Next episode will be fucking insane.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Next episode will be fucking insane.

PSA: Next episode releases early (Friday) to avoid competing with the Super Bowl.

Episode 5:

Spoiler!
It was cool again to see some of the locales and scenes from the game recreated and adapted. Kinda wish they could have uncovered more of the lore in the tunnels but maybe it wouldn't serve the pacing. The bloater and his iconic execution was a nice touch. Looking forward to more development between our leads in Wyoming!

Around the Network
axumblade said:

It’s weird to say this but I feel like episode 3 helped you get inside of the mind of someone like Joel. His shift in demeanor in episode 4 is evidence of the commitment he has to protect Ellie.

I loved the character development and the buildup for the next episode. I’m just curious if this will be a continuous pursuit throughout the season or just one of many stops.

I don't think that's weird, in fact; I believe it's the entire point of the episode. It's a portrait of how one man chose love and hope, while the other fell into deep despair and anger, all during the same timeframe. It's also a foreshadowing and hint at Joel's potential for actual, heartfelt relationships and love again. Their meeting somewhere along the midway point on the timeframe, the barbeque in the garden, shows them at the same junction, but headed in opposite directions, while their more lively partners both held more hope all along. Their intrinsic roles as protectors also shone through, which is why they both clashed and respected one another all at the same time (further evidenced by Bill's obvious admiration in the letter, and by Joel's visibly distraught reaction to Bill's death). Bill's characterization serves as a perfect juxtaposition to Joel's; they are both widely different and very similar all at once. I found it brilliant, personally.

Episode 6:

Spoiler!
Got a real kick out of the old couple at the beginning. Cool to see more sets and costumes from the game recreated in the show. Great performance by Pedro this episode. Curious to see how they expand on Left Behind next episode.

Spoiler!
This was a fantastic episode, loved the performances! Really enjoyed seeing Jackson, Dina(?), baby Shimmer. The Uni part was a bit sort but can't fault them for that. In the game sections like these add a lot to the world since you get to explore at your own pace and find stuff, but you can't translate that well in a show..

only 4 more, season 2 will be much mire action oriented i feel

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

only 4 more, season 2 will be much mire action oriented i feel

3 more to go. Season 1 is 9 episodes long, not 10.