By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2022?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2022?

Amazing 115 17.58%

Good 257 39.30%

Decent 143 21.87%

Mediocre 66 10.09%

Subpar 34 5.20%

Bad 16 2.45%

Terrible 23 3.52%

Total:654

Wanted to click amazing, but accidentally hit under it. Can't change it now lol.

But as someone who does 99% of their gaming on Switch, it was an amazing year. I still haven't gotten to many titles, and I likely won't be able to get everything that looked interesting to me.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is game of the year, with Kirby and the Forgotten Land a runner up. Both phenomenal.

Fire Emblem Warriors was (gameplay wise) great.
Bayonetta 3 is in the backlog, and my eyes are still on Pokemon Legends Arceus, Switch Sports, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Live A Live. Too many great looking titles, so little time. Not even getting into most third party ports, which Switch had a banger year of.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Been an amazing year on Switch. Xenoblade 3, Bayo 3, Splatoon 3, Kirby, Triangle Strategy, and I'm enjoying the Mario Kart 8 expansions. Plus, the Switch got a lot of admittedly late, but very good ports. I'm playing No Man's Sky on the thing, and it runs much better than I had any right to expect. If Fire Emblem had been just 3 weeks earlier, it would have been even sweeter.

Signalstar said:

Sony did well with releasing 3 big exclusives on time. Horizon, GT 7, and GOW Ragnarok. The hype for all these games were somewhat dampened by them being cross gen with the now ancient PS4. Had they been PS5 exclusive it would have been one of the strongest early years for a console in history.

Even Sony seems to see the error of their ways now by releasing the New Horizon DLC on PS5 only. Sony also didn't have a proper PS showcase or really show up at any other big event in an organized way. They could be clearer about their messaging on what to expect in 2023 and beyond. Also it seems like they released more PC ports than console games this year so their attention is divided and the brand diluted.

My general sentiment. 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sincerely, Xenoblade 3 takes the cake. Just the fact that we only knew of this game existence since last February until it released in a matter of few months was incredible but the game was just pure Monolith Soft bliss and I couldn't be more happy to play the game during a few months.

I'm gonna also give a good shoutout to Kirby and the Forgotten Land cuz HAL truly came close of a perfect first 3D platformer experience.

Also, Live A Live remake is my low-key underdog experience this year.

So in the end, how was this year of gaming ? I actually played less games than last year, but the ones I played this year ... I bleeded them so it's difficult to not say that this was a great year for me imo

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 20 December 2022

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mnementh said:

It tells a lot of how bad a year it must have been for you, if you try to sweeten it up for you by talking down the experience of others. And that you have no idea about the Xbox experience is shown, as you ignore Grounded and Pentiment, games showing the breadth of experience in gaming on Xbox breaking out from the same old, same old "cinematic experience" some parts of gaming have gone into. Multiplats like Elden Ring, Vampire Survivors or High on Life are also great. And yes, for Xbox only fans this year brought Deathloop and Persona 5, which are also great. So you clearly have no idea about Xbox fans.

I hope your next gaming year will be better and bring you experiences that can you let focus on your own great experiences, instead of trying to get highs only by talking down the experiences of others. Or, you know, you could also get an Xbox, to broaden you horizon.

I can't crack a joke now, huh? Also, what's the point in calling me out for "putting others down to sweeten my own experience," when you do the exact same thing for gamers that like story driven, blockbuster titles, trying to punctuate it by claiming that Xbox has a breath of fresh experiences that PlayStation seemingly lacks. You even accuse me of only getting highs from putting others down. Quite frankly, you should take your own advice, instead of trying to marginalize my gaming experience, or even make assumptions about what I enjoy and why I enjoy them. 

As for my 2022 year in gaming, since you think I'm missing out on so much variety because I don't have an Xbox, I got a PlayStation 5 just a few months ago. I played and beat three games that released in 2022: HFW, Stray, and God of War Ragnarok, all phenomenal experiences. There's also games that came out in prior years that I finally got into this year: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Metro Exodus, Concrete Genie, Returnal, Astro's Playroom, Super Bomberman R, Jurassic World Evolution, NBA 2K22. A handful of these games also utilize haptic feedback and adaptive triggers very well, on top of the fast loading, and variety of performance modes. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 20 December 2022

Around the Network

Nintendo didn't release Advanced Wars. This is unacceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

It was pretty good. On Switch I got House of the Dead Remake. Xenoblade 3. Bayonetta 3 and some other good stuff. I was able to get a PS5 and already have a small collection of physical games. I like Stranger in Paradise a lot. The Ascent is an amazing game. Evil West and Gungrave Gore were nice surpises but Soultice hit me out of nowhere. Berserk meets DMC something I have asked for for several years! Also personally I got some Saturn/DC shmups I been after a long time. A TG16 mech beat em up been after a long time. 2 good and affordable clone systems for Genesis/SNES. A new gaming laptop. I didn't mention every game but overall been a pretty great year for me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I wanna say it was a great year because Kirby, Tunic, Neon White, Signalis, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Bayonetta 3, Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarok, and the Sunbreak expansion to Rise.

...but honestly, I just haven't played most of those games, despite owning them or being interested in them. So I'll have to get to them at a later time and decide. Kirby was excellent, though. And Splatoon 3 might just be the game to get me into Splatoon.

Jpcc86 said:

Pokemon Violet/Scarlet arre apparently terrible

Not really, technical wise it is terrible, but everybody agree on the fact that its story and gameplay are the best in the series for a while

Elden Ring was a high point this year, game of the year easily and exceeded my expectations. Some great indies launched like Tunic, Stray, PowerWash Simulator, A Plague Tale: Requiem and one of my favourites indies (Gris) got a release on Xbox so that was an easy (3rd) purchase. Persona 5 releasing on Game Pass let me really dive into it to see if I liked it without regretting a purchase if I didn’t and actually followed it through to a full 1000G. Finished a few games that I’ve wanted to revisit for years now like Alice Madness Returns and I finally finished a Dragon Age Trilogy replay that I’d been planning years ago too. Plan to play High On Life next which looks great.

Overall rating - 7/10

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition