By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2022?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2022?

Amazing 115 17.58%

Good 257 39.30%

Decent 143 21.87%

Mediocre 66 10.09%

Subpar 34 5.20%

Bad 16 2.45%

Terrible 23 3.52%

Total:654

2022 is coming to a close, so when you reflect on what it brought in gaming - and solely in gaming - how good or bad was this year?

Bonus question: What was your personal game of the year? Feel free to post runner-ups if you want to make honorable mentions.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Pretty weak overall for me, voted subpar on the poll. Not only did alot of Xbox's exclusives for the year get pushed into 2023, leaving them with pretty much nothing this year, but quite alot of 3rd party multiplat releases I was interested in also got delayed into 2023 such as Hogwarts Legacy, STALKER 2, and Suicide Squad. Thankfully, 2023 is shaping up to be amazing for all 3 consoles in terms of exclusives and amazing for multiplat releases as well, there are currently like 20 games scheduled for 2023 that I am interested in.

Bonus answer: My GOTY is currently TMNT: Shredder's Revenge, but there are several 2022 releases I am interested in that I still haven't got to try which could surpass it.

Pretty good this year, a tons of Switch exclusives, a good bunch of PS exclusives as well, the Steam Deck is a fantastic device, and we finally got a good Sonic game

My GOTY would be Bayonetta 3

The games I were looking forward to the most were Dying Light 2 and Tiny Tina's and they were mostly good experiences. DL2 is a buggy mess though and TT has the worst value DLC i've ever seen. High on Life has been a pleasant surprise so far, overall though a low year for 3rd parties, and even a lower year for MS.

C-

Sony did well with releasing 3 big exclusives on time. Horizon, GT 7, and GOW Ragnarok. The hype for all these games were somewhat dampened by them being cross gen with the now ancient PS4. Had they been PS5 exclusive it would have been one of the strongest early years for a console in history.

Even Sony seems to see the error of their ways now by releasing the New Horizon DLC on PS5 only. Sony also didn't have a proper PS showcase or really show up at any other big event in an organized way. They could be clearer about their messaging on what to expect in 2023 and beyond. Also it seems like they released more PC ports than console games this year so their attention is divided and the brand diluted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

The hype for all these games were somewhat dampened by them being cross gen with the now ancient PS4.

Why

I tend to not play more than a handful of games that are new releases in a calendar year.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is great, despite its large number of bugs and crashing for several months, plus its lack of a character creator.
I'm less than halfway through Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm pretty sure), but it's great so far.
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is fun, and so is the Cowabunga Collection.
From what I have experienced with 2022's content, it's not one of the best gaming years but well above some of the weaker ones.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I don't think I played anything from this year, so I can't really comment on this year's quality. Though on the other hand if nothing has caught my attention you could say that that already says enough.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 20 December 2022

Excellent year. Many many great new games. A whole ton of them.

For PlayStation it was a good year with GT 7, Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarok.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar