By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Sales - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Nov 20-26

So the numbers showing Playstation selling the least and ranking third in its strongest terrotiry? Doesnt make sense at all to me. Those numbers will be adjusted for sure.

Around the Network
znake said:

Switch is coming for 130-135 by march , i fear

Don't get carried away, Nintendo's current forecast is 126.65 million by March 31st.

Frank_kc said:

So the numbers showing Playstation selling the least and ranking third in its strongest terrotiry? Doesnt make sense at all to me. Those numbers will be adjusted for sure.

Stock.

Xbox has a massive supply of Series S and offered a $50 price cut on the device making it cheaper than the Switch. 

Switch, still wildly in demand and more readily available than PS5

Frank_kc said:

UK already showed PlayStation doesn't focus on Europe anymore. Ever since the euro/pound fell hard Playstation shifted its focus elsewhere. Mainly US and Asia. Is that a dumb decision obviously, because they give a market away which they dominated, but it's good for short term profit. PlayStation has shipped much less consoles to Europe than in 2021.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

These numbers make absolutely no sense. As usual.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Frank_kc said:

UK already showed PlayStation doesn't focus on Europe anymore. Ever since the euro/pound fell hard Playstation shifted its focus elsewhere. Mainly US and Asia. Is that a dumb decision obviously, because they give a market away which they dominated, but it's good for short term profit. PlayStation has shipped much less consoles to Europe than in 2021.

Source for Sony doesn’t focus on Europe anymore? It’s their biggest market.

U.K. is relatively small compared to the rest of Europe. It wouldn’t be surprising for Sony to ship more consoles elsewhere besides U.K.

Otter said:
Frank_kc said:

Stock.

Xbox has a massive supply of Series S and offered a $50 price cut on the device making it cheaper than the Switch. 

Switch, still wildly in demand and more readily available than PS5

Sony produced a ton of stock this year.  They purposely held back over 3M just for the holidays. The had over 6M last quarter.

Those numbers for Europe are comical. All the numbers are. 

Last edited by Pionner - on 07 December 2022

Pionner said:
Qwark said:

U.K. is relatively small compared to the rest of Europe. It wouldn’t be surprising for Sony to ship more consoles elsewhere besides U.K.

Pionner said:

These numbers make absolutely no sense. As usual.

I do agree for Europe... will wait for Sony's offical numbers.

Pionner said:
Qwark said:

Last year the shipments to US and EU where practically the same. This year the shipments to EU are much lower. It indicates a shift in focus. Why else would Sony willingly give up its position in one the biggest European markets. There are currently more PS5 units sold in USA than Europe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Pionner said:

Last year the shipments to US and EU where practically the same. This year the shipments to EU are much lower. It indicates a shift in focus. Why else would Sony willingly give up its position in one the biggest European markets. There are currently more PS5 units sold in USA than Europe.

I need a source for these shipments. 

No way is Sony willingly giving up its biggest market according to you. Earlier in the year they had stock problems. That has been resolved with the change to the 6nm chipset. Which happened over the summer. 

Hence Sony was able to make 6M PS5’s in THE SUMMER MONTHS of all time periods. Holding 3M for the holidays on top of what they would normally produce. 

Pionner said:
Qwark said:

Sony produced a ton of stock this year.  They purposely held back over 3M just for the holidays. The had over 6M last quarter.

Those numbers for Europe are comical. All the numbers are. 

I haven't seen any PS5 available in stores in Europe for the whole year. I even sold my Digital Edition above its price since the demand was way too high