By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Sales - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Nov 20-26

I know I haven't been responding to all the replies since my last post in here, but I have read them. I am just trying to focus more on myself for the rest of the month and spend less time on the site.

There were some adjustments based on the monthly Europe report.

November Europe adjustments on the tracked markets (Doesn't include UK, Germany, and some smaller countries):

NS: +4K

PS5: -46K

XS: -13K

I did some other smaller tweaks as well in RoW. 

Big thanks to Machina who did the math for the tracked Europe markets in the monthly report.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Just a heads up for everyone. It is very unlikely I will post the next hardware charts this week. If the Europe November data comes out I will adjust those figures. I've just been dealing with a lot of stress and need a bit of a break from the hate I've been dealing with mainly over on Twitter with our estimates. 

I do plan on posting all the daily news and official weekly software charts as usual this week. And monthly sales comparison articles for November. 

I'm so sorry people are people are being hateful. There's absolutely no need for rudeness over something like video game sales.

You guys work hard to provide an awesome service and I believe I speak for many when I say we appreciate it so much.

Take care of yourself.

After over a decade on this site, I still struggle to find why some have this weird hatred of the site. I suppose it's b/c some oddly invest themselves so much in the "console wars" and when their console doesn't do so well their only response is to poo poo the messenger and try to discredit it. Personally, I emotionally detached myself from the console wars stuff 10 or 15 years ago. I'm mainly a Nintendo guy who plays Xbox a lot, and used to have a diehard passion for Nintendo doing well - but personally, at this stage in my life, I couldn't care less if a Nintendo platform was outsold 25 to 1 as long as they kept making consoles and (especially) games. I've realized on a societal level, and in my own personal life, there are many things that are far more important.. 

With regards to Twitter, it is full of idiots and pathetic toxic people (not saying everyone is but many are who tend to stand out). I've been cyberbullied relentlessly in my younger years (though I've also been bullied in real life quite a bit so it's nothing I'm not used to). These days I just laugh it all off and realize that if people go to those lengths, it likely means I got under their skin and thus did something right. Still I take frequent breaks from the platform. I typically deactivate for weeks at a time to revitalize myself. Simply muting people and/or convos also helps. If they cross the line with personal insults or whatever and keep targeting my stuff, then I'll block. The concept of everyone having a voice is great in theory, though in practice it can tend to amplify the idiots. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I've been taking a bit of a break from the site. Minus posting the daily news and the monthly sales comparison. So sorry if it feels like I've been a bit MIA. I plan on posting the first week of December estimates next week. Then take the week of Christmas off to relax. 

Bandorr and I might have come up with a good compromise with doing the hardware estimates where we can still have the weekly estimates rather than just straight up switching to monthly, and it will help relieve the stress and burn out I've been dealing with for a while now. It will take some experimenting to make sure everything works. Either way hardware estimates will be posted later going forward, but it does mean the initial estimates will be more accurate than before as it will take into account the monthly reports. 

To make up for hardware being posted later I am thinking on ways to give you all better access to the data. Right now to see older data you have to use the graph from this https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php and hover over each week/month/year to grab the data. What a pain that must be. So we would have some sort of page that has the data in a more simple spreadsheet style. Not sure how it would be set up as having all the data together would be overwhelming to look at. Maybe sort it by generation. Just ideas at this point. 

There is a list of changes/ideas and Bandorr will be taking this one step at a time. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Dear Trunks,

from man to man - let me hug you first. Second, I've been using VGC for a few years now and while I don't post often, I consider myself a regular visitor.

I appreciate your work very much. And it saddens me to read that you are feeling bad because of some posts on Twitter.

The fact that there are people who have to spread so much hate on the Internet, especially on the major social networks, is in my view one of the great last diseases of our time. It may sound very pathetic, but I think that the past 15 years have clearly shown that.

It is actually funny, but also very sad at the same time, that especially related to VGC many people are so stupid, so obtuse, that they still do not know the different word meaning of "numbers" and "estimates".

Because as far as I remember, you have always spoken of the latter.

Anyway - you're good buddy, you're a very valued friend in my eyes in the great video game community. Please internalize my opinion more and more often than these hate posts.

Last but not least, you don't need Twitter. You don't need Facebook, either. And, while we're at it, you don't need Amazon anymore either.

I've been saying goodbye to these platforms for a few years now, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

You're a good one. Keep your head up and know that I will continue to be a regular visitor for the next 10 years. Because I value your work!

Panicradio said:

Dear Trunks,

from man to man - let me hug you first. Second, I've been using VGC for a few years now and while I don't post often, I consider myself a regular visitor.

I appreciate your work very much. And it saddens me to read that you are feeling bad because of some posts on Twitter.

The fact that there are people who have to spread so much hate on the Internet, especially on the major social networks, is in my view one of the great last diseases of our time. It may sound very pathetic, but I think that the past 15 years have clearly shown that.

It is actually funny, but also very sad at the same time, that especially related to VGC many people are so stupid, so obtuse, that they still do not know the different word meaning of "numbers" and "estimates".

Because as far as I remember, you have always spoken of the latter.

Anyway - you're good buddy, you're a very valued friend in my eyes in the great video game community. Please internalize my opinion more and more often than these hate posts.

Last but not least, you don't need Twitter. You don't need Facebook, either. And, while we're at it, you don't need Amazon anymore either.

I've been saying goodbye to these platforms for a few years now, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

You're a good one. Keep your head up and know that I will continue to be a regular visitor for the next 10 years. Because I value your work!

Couldn't have said it better myself. 100% seconded. 

I'd also like to add that those haters on twitter really need to get a life if they have nothing better to do than spewing hateful nonsense on twitter. If we look harder into it, those haters are possibly the ones who are genuinely sad irl and need that "something" in their life to make them feel good about themselves. To spread their own misery to others. Unfortunately that works as a negative to others, as it just fosters their hatred and creates it amongst others. In short, @trunkswd, it is their problem not yours.

Don't let the bastards get you down!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

I've been taking a bit of a break from the site. Minus posting the daily news and the monthly sales comparison. So sorry if it feels like I've been a bit MIA. I plan on posting the first week of December estimates next week. Then take the week of Christmas off to relax. 

Bandorr and I might have come up with a good compromise with doing the hardware estimates where we can still have the weekly estimates rather than just straight up switching to monthly, and it will help relieve the stress and burn out I've been dealing with for a while now. It will take some experimenting to make sure everything works. Either way hardware estimates will be posted later going forward, but it does mean the initial estimates will be more accurate than before as it will take into account the monthly reports. 

To make up for hardware being posted later I am thinking on ways to give you all better access to the data. Right now to see older data you have to use the graph from this https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php and hover over each week/month/year to grab the data. What a pain that must be. So we would have some sort of page that has the data in a more simple spreadsheet style. Not sure how it would be set up as having all the data together would be overwhelming to look at. Maybe sort it by generation. Just ideas at this point. 

There is a list of changes/ideas and Bandorr will be taking this one step at a time. 

Just go back to how it was a few years ago. You click on sales and it took you to page that rolled out the figures in a table separated by weeks. On the right of that page it was rolled up by year and ytd.