By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Sales - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Nov 20-26

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

VGChartz November 2022 US estimates BEFORE adjustments:

1. XS: 1.25M
  2. PS5: 1.14M
  3. NS: 1.05M

VGChartz November 2022 US estimates AFTER adjustments:

1. PS5: 1.14M
  2. NS: 1.09M
  3. XS: 1.08M

PS5 remains the same, NS adjusted up, and XS adjusted down.

So PS5 was not undertracked, and the Switch was not overtracked, no matter how much people always insist they are.

So we can assume that they are basing their numbers on Xbox.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 11 December 2022

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Hey, I think those three numbers are oddly close.
When you thought Xbox was the #1 seller, there was still a larger gap between those numbers.

Now that Xbox has been adjusted as number 3, the three numbers are amazingly adjacent.

Perhaps it is a coincidence.
Still there has always been a history of consistency in favor of Xbox.

Somebody needs to discover the Multi-Quote option

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I am thankful that NPD exists🙏

Frankly, I am surprised that they claim that Xbox is selling better than PS5 and very close to Switch worldwide.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
SKMBlake said:

Yeah you were a bit too much enthusiastic about the Xbox

Well, that's not all.

Estimate the most-selling hardware as the least sold and the hardest-selling hardware as the most sold.It was doubly wrong.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
curl-6 said:

So PS5 was not undertracked, and the Switch was not overtracked, no matter how much people always insist they are.

So we can assume that they are basing their numbers on Xbox.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
trunkswd said:

Hey, I think those three numbers are oddly close.
When you thought Xbox was the #1 seller, there was still a larger gap between those numbers.

Now that Xbox has been adjusted as number 3, the three numbers are amazingly adjacent.

Perhaps it is a coincidence.
Still there has always been a history of consistency in favor of Xbox.

I'm curious as to what you think the numbers may be at.

What are your estimates?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Just a heads up for everyone. It is very unlikely I will post the next hardware charts this week. If the Europe November data comes out I will adjust those figures. I've just been dealing with a lot of stress and need a bit of a break from the hate I've been dealing with mainly over on Twitter with our estimates. 

I do plan on posting all the daily news and official weekly software charts as usual this week. And monthly sales comparison articles for November. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Just a heads up for everyone. It is very unlikely I will post the next hardware charts this week. If the Europe November data comes out I will adjust those figures. I've just been dealing with a lot of stress and need a bit of a break from the hate I've been dealing with mainly over on Twitter with our estimates. 

I do plan on posting all the daily news and official weekly software charts as usual this week. And monthly sales comparison articles for November. 

I'm so sorry people are people are being hateful. There's absolutely no need for rudeness over something like video game sales.

You guys work hard to provide an awesome service and I believe I speak for many when I say we appreciate it so much.

Take care of yourself.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm so sorry people are people are being hateful. There's absolutely no need for rudeness over something like video game sales.

You guys work hard to provide an awesome service and I believe I speak for many when I say we appreciate it so much.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you. It used to not get to me, but I guess after so long it has really been giving me stress lately that has only gotten worse. We are looking at ways at helping with my stress and improving the initial estimates we post at the same time, so less adjustments would be needed. But it would mean the estimates would get posted later than they do now. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

Which "VGChartzStaff" wrote this compelling article on launch day for the Nintendo Switch?

It includes this nice conclusion:

"Final Thoughts & Predictions

I’m looking forward to receiving my Nintendo Switch sometime soon (whenever Royal Mail finally delivers it!) and putting it through its paces, but I'm concerned that Nintendo is making the same mistakes its competitors have made before it, and even repeating some of their missteps with the WiiU. It's in a stronger position to succeed than its immediate predecessor - indeed I see the Switch outselling the WiiU - but in the long run I don't see it coming close to the success of the 3DS or PS4.

Here are my predictions for the Switch over the coming years:

• The Nintendo Switch will sell more than the WiiU (10+ million units)
  • But it will not sell more than 25 million units.
  • At $299.99/£279.99, the Switch won’t sell well beyond launch, resulting in a price drop within its first full year on the market."

Also, does anyone have a handy guide to Switch Sales predictions over the years, in particular 2017?  Would love to see where the range was, and in particular what my prediction was.  I'd like a helping of crow for the holidays if possible.

I remember that back then when the article had gone up, I asked the mod team when the author would get banned for trolling. All they said was that they don't ban people for being stupid.

That's true I remember that reply and if any of you want further proof, well I'm still here and never been banned.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Take care of yourself.

Thank you. It used to not get to me, but I guess after so long it has really been giving me stress lately that has only gotten worse. We are looking at ways at helping with my stress and improving the initial estimates we post at the same time, so less adjustments would be needed. But it would mean the estimates would get posted later than they do now. 

is there some way to get others to chip in and help to do it on twitter  or just drop it on here.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

trunkswd said:

Thank you for all the effots you put into this website. Your efforts are really appreicated. It is good to take a break. It is common to find people who doesnt agree with the numbers (sometimes myself), but I do believe that you take all the time and efforts to try to get it as close as possible.

Enjoy your break. :)