By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Sales Top 10 Million Units Worldwide in 3 Days

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Lol. Guess the next game will have bugs as well.

Its not a bug, its a feature!

archbrix said:

Welp, Switch will now be tied with the Wii for the most 20m sellers (7) on a single platform fairly soon.

The Switch wont just tie it will surpass the Wii. It already has more 1M sellers, more 5M sellers More 10M sellers and it will soon have more 20M sellers The only thing i don't see it surpassing is Wii Sports Because that game sold over 80 Millions.

BasilZero said:
S.Peelman said:

Lol. Guess the next game will have bugs as well.

Its not a bug, its a feature!

That made this meme pop in my head. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Of course it did.

Around the Network
tsogud said:

To be fair I, like many Pokemon fans, pre-ordered it without knowing it had so many issues. I would guess the majority of people who bought it in the first 3 days didn't know either. We definitely care about the performance issues it has and I hope Game Freak doesn't take the huge initial sales as a pass to release a game in this state again but I'm very pessimistic now.

Being a fan is not the same as being the target audience, in another I highlighted that the target audience has always been younger generations who aren't as bothered by the criticisms like older fans who no longer are the target audience. This is why the games will always keep selling like this as people like us are replaceable no matter how pessimistic we get, by the time the next game arrives any issue SV has will be last Tuesday for the target audience. 

Wyrdness said:
tsogud said:

To be fair I, like many Pokemon fans, pre-ordered it without knowing it had so many issues. I would guess the majority of people who bought it in the first 3 days didn't know either. We definitely care about the performance issues it has and I hope Game Freak doesn't take the huge initial sales as a pass to release a game in this state again but I'm very pessimistic now.

Being a fan is not the same as being the target audience, in another I highlighted that the target audience has always been younger generations who aren't as bothered by the criticisms like older fans who no longer are the target audience. This is why the games will always keep selling like this as people like us are replaceable no matter how pessimistic we get, by the time the next game arrives any issue SV has will be last Tuesday for the target audience. 

What generations are their target audience?

Ljink96 said:

While this is an amazing accomplishment, you just wish the game had released in a much better state. They took the time to acknowledge how well it sold, but haven't acknowledged the game's performance issues and what they are doing to remedy the issues?

These companies don't care about you, they just want your money. And they'll happily take it if you give it to them. They don't care if you're none the wiser. I guess I'm part of the problem too but I guess I wanted to try it out for myself. 

Hopefully there is a patch planned and in the works. I'm having fun myself when the game isn't glitching and running like piss, but I'm glad people are finding joy with the game. I just wish they had released a much more solid product.

There really is no reason to announce patch plans during a sales report. Unless previous Pokémon games had no bug fixes because of good sales, then it’s irrational to think that good sales = a chance of no bug fixes because Nintendo doesn’t care about you since they already sold the game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Good for The Pokémon Company ("OMG, it prints money and we barely even spend any on it!"), bad for the players (rewarding a badly crafted game will encourage TPC to keep this line of work).

tsogud said:
Wyrdness said:
tsogud said:

What generations are their target audience?

Their primary target always have been the younger audience from kids up to about mid teens. The rest of us are just a cherry on top as far as things go, look at who Corocoro the official Pokemon outlet mag is aimed at for reference.