By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Sales Top 10 Million Units Worldwide in 3 Days

Kneetos said:

I know this might make me sound like an apologist, or like I am giving them a "free pass"
But aside from bugs and glitches, I really liked scarlet

I liked the story for the evil team
The rival wasn't overly in your face and challenges made sense
This is also one of the only Pokémon games where I liked almost all of the new Mons, and forms
And, in my own opinion, the world was fun to explore.

I know the game has issues, it has a LOT of issues, and I put that down to the stupid schedule of needing the games out by a certain time, but I also think the Pokémon franchise has move on in a lot of aspects outside of those glaring issues that shows promise for the series. If only they had more time, or stopped with yearly releases and could dedicate more to the main series then we could have something special.

Final note, it seems that customers are able to get refunds for the game if you go through Nintendo's channels, but I hear not everyone is getting it for some reason. If you are really not into the game, and have it digitally, try getting your money back.

Apparently all Nintendo accounts get 1 free refund, no questions asked. So maybe a lot of people are using their first refund for this game.

I could see Nintendo getting away with a Pokemon SV and Magenta for Switch 2 or something.

Also, from this report I am wondering if they are saying shipped or sold. Sometimes companies clarify exactly what they mean.

Around the Network

Poor Koraidon is being rejected, Lol.

It's sad how much pokemon keeps selling. A game franchise that hasn't really evolved in decades and is very sub standard. Much better games sell way less

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

It's sad how much pokemon keeps selling. A game franchise that hasn't really evolved in decades and is very sub standard. Much better games sell way less

This is like a level 5 Pikachu beating Mewtwo. The plot armor is thick

Around the Network
ShadowLink93 said:

A bit off topic but not sure what they mean about DQ3, do they think it sold 2m but can't put it on the list? 

And this is why we are not solving this any time soon. People cannot just keep their money on their pockets until the product is out, and even when it is, they just buy it and defend the indefensible anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Vodacixi said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Good for The Pokémon Company ("OMG, it prints money and we barely even spend any on it!"), bad for the players (rewarding a badly crafted game will encourage TPC to keep this line of work).

So who is really to blame here? The company or the people who keep buying them?

Chicho said:

The only thing i don't see it surpassing is Wii Sports Because that game sold over 80 Millions.

If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe goes above 50 million at the end of the year, it will start to have a chance

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

Good for The Pokémon Company ("OMG, it prints money and we barely even spend any on it!"), bad for the players (rewarding a badly crafted game will encourage TPC to keep this line of work).

So who is really to blame here? The company or the people who keep buying them?

The executives. I don't think the Devs are rubbing their hands together and saying "let's make a bad game hehe"

It makes me feel bad if the Devs are legitimately trying their best under someone's conditions, only to get 95% of the blame