By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Nintendo and Microsoft absolutely crushed it this June. I really was convinced Nintendo wouldn't have this much left in the tank for the NS1, but I'll happily admit I was *dead* wrong.

Meanwhile, Sony's June announcements were so underwhelming that I can't remember a single one off of the top of my head.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Nintendo and Microsoft absolutely crushed it this June. I really was convinced Nintendo wouldn't have this much left in the tank for the NS1, but I'll happily admit I was *dead* wrong.

Meanwhile, Sony's June announcements were so underwhelming that I can't remember a single one off of the top of my head.

What, you don't remember Concorde?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Dulfite said:

Astro Bot is what I remember the most and that Expedition 33 game.

But ya to me Nintendo had the best showcase and MS second followed by Sony. The rest were...not even memorable lol.

Done with Redfall.

Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be or it simply has massively improved since launch.

Graphics are fine. Very clean looking game with a slight comic touch. Certainly sufficient.

Gunplay is fine but could be better.

Game is relatively light on content. Played through the main story and all available side quests in 13 hours. It's possible to do a more stealthy approach which should add to the play time quite a bit. On the other hand, if you're not playing solo, you might even be able to finish it faster.

Story didn't interest me all that much. You get short cutscenes at the beginning of a mission but during the missions there's little story telling going on, unless it's a mission where you fight a boss.

The game is made up of two large open world areas. It's not clear to me why you can't revisit the first area once you moved on to the second area. Weird decision.

In the end it's a decent game which is probably better played in co-op.

7.0/10

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

If Xbox hadn't had the layoffs I think positivity around them would have been at an all time high, the June showcase was ridiculously well received along with Hellblade II scoring well and a jam packed 2nd half/Game Pass line-up. I think all of Xbox's previous showcases in recent years have been at least good but the vibes around this one feel a bit different, like non-Xbox gamers recognising it finally...Although that might be because they're moving into multiplatform, haha, now all of a sudden non-Xbox gamers are paying attention. Not to mention the COD association for the general market.