By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
chakkra said:

Looking at the recent Game Pass deals MS has done with Indie devs (Tunic, Death Doors, Vampire Survivors, Power Wash Simulator, Scorn, Lies of P, Atomic Heart, etc) indeed doesn't look like MS is interested in paying extra money for full exclusivity, so I agree with you on that one, but then again, none of those games blew up like this one, so it remains to be seen if: 1) The viral success of this game sparked MS's interest enough to make an offer, and 2) If the devs will accept whatever amoun t Microsoft might offer; I mean, their value in the market has just skyrocketed so it would have to be a pretty sizeable amount.

But regardless, the developers already said that they will consider a PS5 port in the future so, even if they start working on it today, it will not come to playstation anytime soon.

I don't think Microsoft will pay for exclusivity or rather, pay to make an already released game remain only on their console for longer, they've had stuff like Roblox in the past which was a massive game, exclusive to Xbox for years but I don't believe they ever paid them, it was honestly weird as hell that Roblox didn't come to PlayStation sooner.

If I'm a developer with a game which blows up like this, I'd want it on as many platforms ASAP so there's probably no reasonable amount that Microsoft could offer them but they're a small developer, Xbox has looser early access rules and the PS port isn't in development yet so it likely has at least 6 months of exclusivity for Xbox.

That being said, I really want it to release on Switch for maximum chaos.

I actually meant that Microsoft could make an offer to acquire the studio, but you are correct, with Microsoft is almost impossible to know what exactly they would deem worthy of making exclusive and what not. But regardless, I think it is obvious that the developers are not working with a Playstation version at the moment, so again, even if they start working on it today, it will not be released on other platforms anytime soon.

Around the Network

Jesus, this game will be forgotten about in a month and y’all saying to buy the studio, you lot need to calm down.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Just because one game (out of all they made) is super successful doesnt make them worth enough to be buy-able as a whole - anyone who thinks that is crazy lol.

BasilZero said:

Just because one game (out of all they made) is super successful doesnt make them worth enough to be buy-able as a whole - anyone who thinks that is crazy lol.

Count me on the crazy camp. This small studio was founded in 2015 and has already released several games that have gotten more acceptance from the public than most of the games put out by some of the veteran studios that Microsoft acquired recently. I mean, metacritic scores and award nominations are cool, but in the end mean nothing if nobody plays your damn game.

BasilZero said:

Mojang Crying RN.

Lmao. Seriously though I do agree we should wait first, I expect it will collapse over the next few weeks and then stabilise, I also think MS would be wary first about all the accusations surrounding the designs being ripped off from Pokemon which I mean, some of them very clearly are, Lol. Multiple lawyers said there's nothing illegal about it but MS cares so much about its PR image

There's so much toxicity around the game right now as well, Pokemon fans raging, the CEO has said some dumb stuff about AI. There are accusations the game itself uses AI but there's zero actual proof of that (not to mention the game was in development way before ideas like AI being used to create designs was even a thing) and I think we should be careful about accusing a game of being AI made just because we don't like it.

Despite that, it's sitting at 93% on Steam still and it's not just a meme game, people are very clearly enjoying it a lot.

Developers of Palworld already receiving death threats though, fucking gamers can't ever be normal.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 January 2024

Around the Network

Fuck me, it sounds like they were just winging it too, Lmao. This is their biggest risk, they do not sound like a team which is on the ball, ironically it being so successful could take the studio down if they aren't prepared, the demand put onto them by gamers after this level of success is going to increase x20. They're going to have to massively educate themselves and hire a lot of people.

Hey guys I have a question do any of you use the Duke Controller from Hyperkin in playing your games because I was thinking of buying one?

BiON!@ 

shikamaru317 said:

https://twitter.com/WinC_Gaming/status/1749135583098683539?t=GKsBmSbDM43a2HqpPC5N6w&s=19

Palworld on Xbox and Windows Store/PC Gamepass is now confirmed to be behind the Steam version in terms of patches because Microsoft certification of the patch isn't finished yet. Patch should be coming soon to fix the issues on Xbox and Windows Store.

Good, that is obviously needed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

chakkra said:
BasilZero said:

Count me on the crazy camp. This small studio was founded in 2015 and has already released several games that have gotten more acceptance from the public than most of the games put out by some of the veteran studios that Microsoft acquired recently. I mean, metacritic scores and award nominations are cool, but in the end mean nothing if nobody plays your damn game.

Craftopia and Palworld are both good attempts with enticing gameplay loop, but also both lacking in polish and quality. PocketPair isn't a good dev team, but they got lucky with marketing and timing and blew up. Nice for them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

chakkra said:

You do realize that you just made a list of SP games of various genres (ranging from niche genres to popular genres) and compared them to a Open World Online MP game right that pretty much copied from Zelda Breath of the Wild right?

You know..the games that people get - play it once and drop it after finishing the main campaign lol

Currently 511 players for a MP oriented game (with a 27,000 all time peak to boot) is pretty piss poor especially since Craftopia should be compared to these games as follow

You say metacritic and award nominations...but the more recent reviews of Craftopia are downvoting it because the developers abandoned Craftopia for Palword. Craftopia has been on Early access since 2020, we're in 2024.

I'd be surprised if Palworld ever gets off of Early Access cause like what Ryu just posted, the developers are clueless. They got lucky with Palworld. They should count their blessings.

Edit: Also several games? They only released 4 games.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 21 January 2024