By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Palworld's developer is Japanese? what

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Palworld's developer is Japanese? what

Yup! Xbox has talked about having partnership with over 120 Japanese indie studios. This one became of particular note note moreso than others lol 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Yup! Xbox has talked about having partnership with over 120 Japanese indie studios. This one became of particular note note moreso than others lol 

Oh wow, thought it was a western developer lol.

I looked at the recommended specs for Palworld and...its higher than pretty much any other game lol

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8 Core
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce RTX 2070
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 40 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Internet connection required for multiplayer. SSD required.

i9 processor with 32 GB wtf lol

BasilZero said:

I looked at the recommended specs for Palworld and...its higher than pretty much any other game lol

Too run all that AI art ofc. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Yeah, I tried it on Xbox and it crapped out multiple times, sometimes even crashing the console. It autosaves very generously, so nothing is lost, still annoying. The feeling I get (and I got a similar feeling from Craftopia as well), is that the general gameplay loop is enticing (well, it is the loop from Rust, Valheim, Ark etc. so no wonder), but the game lacks polish and the coding skills of Pocketpair is pretty bad. Which also explains why it isn't on PS5, I doubt that MS has paid anything at the devs, because until three days ago they were a crappy indie dev lacking success, now they are only a crappy indie dev. This is frustrating, as the game is so close to being pretty good, as the gameplay loop works. Maybe with this success they can hire a few good coders.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
BasilZero said:

Yeah, I tried it on Xbox and it crapped out multiple times, sometimes even crashing the console. It autosaves very generously, so nothing is lost, still annoying. The feeling I get (and I got a similar feeling from Craftopia as well), is that the general gameplay loop is enticing (well, it is the loop from Rust, Valheim, Ark etc. so no wonder), but the game lacks polish and the coding skills of Pocketpair is pretty bad. Which also explains why it isn't on PS5, I doubt that MS has paid anything at the devs, because until three days ago they were a crappy indie dev lacking success, now they are only a crappy indie dev. This is frustrating, as the game is so close to being pretty good, as the gameplay loop works. Maybe with this success they can hire a few good coders.

So.. you think they put their games on Gamepass just because they like it?

chakkra said:
Mnementh said:

Oh, sure, they pay them for Gamepass, right. I meant they will not have paid for exclusivity. There was no reason. Instead everything points towards PocketPair just didn't get around to pick up skills for programming PS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Microsoft likely hasn't paid for exclusivity, of course they paid for Game Pass and that might be why they're prioritising Xbox, also Xbox's early access is less strict than PlayStation's IIRC but I'd expect them to strike while the iron is hot and try to get it on PlayStation ASAP. As for the performance, like I said before, it runs a lot better on Steam than Xbox, the Xbox version is a few updates behind (1.0 vs 1.2) because of the Xbox certification process, it is a lot slower than Steam's, in fact, does Steam even have one?

I think developers can just push updates to Steam whenever but they have to wait sometimes weeks for Xbox which of course slows things down, the Windows Store uses the same Xbox certification process as well. This becomes a more noticeable problem for early access titles which sometimes can have dozens of updates in quick succession due to the nature of them being early access.

Mnementh said:
chakkra said:

Oh, sure, they pay them for Gamepass, right. I meant they will not have paid for exclusivity. There was no reason. Instead everything points towards PocketPair just didn't get around to pick up skills for programming PS.

It is an early access title. Early access titles generally are not allowed on Playstation. Space Engineers, Valheim, Ark, Atlas, Craftopia etc.