By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23
konnichiwa said:

Global Head of Xbox Marketing,  xbox keeps making horrible choices...

Yeah, I am having a hard time seeing this as being racist against white guys.  Oh the victimhood.  It only seem to spotlight that their is a huge minority group out there with little representation in the gaming business which I would agree.  Then again, there also needs to be more minorities making games.  Either way the last person I care about their opinion is Musk.  I do not follow him, avoid every comment he has made and I highly doubt we really need or care about his opinion in this thread.  Keep that bunk on X/Twitter.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

First of all, there was nothing wrong with her tweet.

Secondly, Elon Musk? Really? TheQuartering? Keep that trash out of this thread.

It is a bad take or do you consider it a good take?; who are they fighting? White gamers? Considering Xbox marketing has been honestly between horrible bad/non existant for most of the world it is a shame...

What the actual hell are you talking about? It's a harmless comment and the only ones upset about it are far right chuds like The Quartering. All she said is that minorities have to fight to show they exist in the industry which I believe is actually true, there is a lot of condescending attitude amongst gamers that women for example don't play console games or only play mobile games which don't count as games.

It's a Goddamn tweet on her personal twitter, what the hell does it have to do with her job? Also, surely the woman who recognises that the videogame industry isn't made up of just white males would be a good thing for Xbox's global marketing because it would mean she would recognise the importance of appealing to people of all races, religions, ethnics and those smaller markets that Xbox ignores.

Of course she had to private her Twitter account because of angry weirdos harassing her so lets not do that in this thread either, yeah?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

konnichiwa said:

Sorry, there is nothing wrong with her post. It maybe slightly weird, but then again most posts on the internet are. But she doesn't do anything *against* white men here, she just makes a post asking for the minorities to make themself more visible. As a white man I see nothing wrong here, especially it is not *racist* against white men.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

People still sub to the quartering in 2024? lol. You would have to be one negative person to watch his stuff.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Machiavellian said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah, I am having a hard time seeing this as being racist against white guys.  Oh the victimhood.  It only seem to spotlight that their is a huge minority group out there with little representation in the gaming business which I would agree.  Then again, there also needs to be more minorities making games.  Either way the last person I care about their opinion is Musk.  I do not follow him, avoid very comment he has made and I highly doubt we really need or care about his opinion in this thread.  Keep that bunk on X/Twitter.

I don't think it is racist either and I just quoted the ones on top, could have chosen others but the point is not about them but about her tweet. She could have omitted the White Dudes part but she chose to provoke and why do it? some obviously point out that globally Asian dudes are the majority if you want to tweet the truth but others like the group I am in feels this is a very bad take for her position,  While PS/Nintendo marketing is honestly great, Xbox is honestly horrible their is barely a commercial in Europe for Xbox (even when I watch like 95 xbox gaming related stuff like camp xbox). 

I think it is also cynical that she Privated her account....

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Machiavellian said:

Yeah, I am having a hard time seeing this as being racist against white guys.  Oh the victimhood.  It only seem to spotlight that their is a huge minority group out there with little representation in the gaming business which I would agree.  Then again, there also needs to be more minorities making games.  Either way the last person I care about their opinion is Musk.  I do not follow him, avoid very comment he has made and I highly doubt we really need or care about his opinion in this thread.  Keep that bunk on X/Twitter.

I don't think it is racist either and I just quoted the ones on top, could have chosen others but the point is not about them but about her tweet. She could have omitted the White Dudes part but she chose to provoke and why do it? some obviously point out that globally Asian dudes are the majority if you want to tweet the truth but others like the group I am in feels this is a very bad take for her position,  While PS/Nintendo marketing is honestly great, Xbox is honestly horrible their is barely a commercial in Europe for Xbox (even when I watch like 95 xbox gaming related stuff like camp xbox). 

I think it is also cynical that she Privated her account....

The dominate demographic I believe is white dudes.  Its definitely not white females.  Actually if you think about it, her tweet really is asking everyone besides the group that gets catered to the most in gaming to acknowledge they exist.  Its more about your perspective in a world charged by race, especially in America, you can see just by Musk response it was a knee jerk reaction.  How dare you exclude us white men from the discussion "You are racist".  The problem is the use of the word racist to categorize everything that deals with race.  Its a sad state because that is the message in America that everything must be racist if it has anything to do with race.  In this case this has not to do with race because Even while females would be considered part of that minority group of gamers that would love to be heard as well.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

It is a bad take or do you consider it a good take?; who are they fighting? White gamers? Considering Xbox marketing has been honestly between horrible bad/non existant for most of the world it is a shame...

What the actual hell are you talking about? It's a harmless comment and the only ones upset about it are far right chuds like The Quartering. All she said is that minorities have to fight to show they exist in the industry which I believe is actually true, there is a lot of condescending attitude amongst gamers that women for example don't play console games or only play mobile games which don't count as games.

It's a Goddamn tweet on her personal twitter, what the hell does it have to do with her job? Also, surely the woman who recognises that the videogame industry isn't made up of just white males would be a good thing for Xbox's global marketing because it would mean she would recognise the importance of appealing to people of all races, religions, ethnics and those smaller markets that Xbox ignores.

Of course she had to private her Twitter account because of angry weirdos harassing her so lets not do that in this thread either, yeah?

It isn't harmless,   If I was in her position she could have said something like 

'Working in my position I know very well that it is not easy to have all voices heard but so long I am in this position I want you to know that we at Xbox are listening to you all *Heart*Xbox'    

^ It is maybe cheesy but something like that works... but what I will not do is:

'Working in my position I know very well that it is not easy to have all voices heard but so long I am in this position I want you to know that we at Xbox are listening to you all *Heart*Xbox'     (and no hate to Muslims I know it is very hard for you people to see a women in this kind of position)

^Even if you have thousands of women saying they were not allowed to play video games because they were a girl while her brothers could, adding that last part would only provoke people.

So long you have a title every tweet will be reflected to your job/position, Sarah bond/Phil spencer and so on all their tweets will be linked to xbox.

Btw again, I just used The Quartering becaus he is the first picture that pops up that I easily could quote here.

Edit: 

Anyway she made also up some demographic stuff and she excused herself for being wrong:

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

It isn't harmless, If I was in her position she could have said something like 

Btw again, I just used The Quartering becaus he is the first picture that pops up that I easily could quote here.

Yes. It Is.

Only ones angry about it are far right loons upset at the sheer audacity of this woman to say that women gamers exist too.

Maybe you shouldn't frequent places that use trash such as The Quartering as a source? Just a thought.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

It isn't harmless, If I was in her position she could have said something like 

Yes. It Is.

Only ones angry about it are far right loons upset at the sheer audacity of this woman to say that women gamers exist too.

Maybe you shouldn't frequent places that use trash such as The Quartering as a source? Just a thought.

It is funny how she excused herself for being wrong but you still keep protecting her because 'xbox'...

And no, I do what I want and should have the right to be on X, where that picture literally is from, for something that acts all inclusive you really hate people ...  hate the Quartering, Hate Kotaku,Hate Elon Musk, Hate Asmongold, Hate Moistcritikal, Hate luke Stephens etc =p

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yes. It Is.

It is funny how she excused herself for being wrong but you still keep protecting her because 'xbox'...

And no, I do what I want and should have the right to be on X, where that picture literally is from, for something that acts all inclusive you really hate people ...  hate the Quartering, Hate Kotaku,Hate Elon Musk, Hate Asmongold, Hate Moistcritikal, Hate luke Stephens etc =p

She did not excuse herself for being wrong, that is your interpretation of her tweet. I am not protecting her because of Xbox, I am saying I see nothing wrong with her tweet.

Do what you want on Twitter, your follows explain a lot. I hate dickheads, so that includes TheQuartering and Elon Musk, I dislike Kotaku, I wouldn't say hate. I don't even know who the fuck Luke Stephens is. I've never even commented on Moistcritikal in here and I couldn't care less about him or Asmongold who I barely notice.

I'll keep it simple, I see TheQuartering in here from you again then I'll ban you from this thread.

Go complain about that in your little rage bait group.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024