By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23
Dulfite said:
EspadaGrim said:

Relic Entertainment will go Independent and will no longer be part of SEGA, also more layoffs at the Sega Europe studios.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sega-sells-relic-and-will-cut-240-jobs-across-uk-studios

That MS contract will keep them afloat for now

Relic's lineup of the original Dawn of War RTS games were some of the best RTS games I've ever played. I know people have gotten some love with Age of Empires a ton lately, but I kind of wish they'd go back to DoW. I'm not sure what they will be allowed to work on as an indy studio, however.

Creative Assembly getting layoffs is to be expected. They spent time and money into a game they weren't used to making, and they've gotten a lot of bad feedback on recent dlc for Warhammer 3 Total War and Pharoah Totao War decisions. Hopefully they can get back on the right track as they have made some of the games I've played the most in my life.

Ain't that the truth! I would say it would be difficult for them to get the licensed IP again as an indie studio, but considering Games Workshop licenses the Warhammer 40K license all over the damn place to the point we get like 10 games a year, it might not be that difficult lol. 

That's crazy to think considering Creative Assembly already went through layoffs last year when Hyenas was cancelled and now they're going through layoffs again?! They can probably start by not having Total War be an annual release anymore lol. There's a great Total War game then it's followed up by a middling one. It's been a long time since there were actually good back to back releases. 

Hell, I wouldn't mind if CA took a shot at a Halo Total War lol

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Over the past 12 months the game industry has faced unprecedented challenges. We are no exception. Today we made the extremely difficult decision to inform 25 of our US-based employees that their jobs are being eliminated. This has the most impact on the teams running our business operations.

There are multiple factors underlying this decision to do a layoff for the first time in our 17+ year history. Most significant is an industry-wide slow down in the funding of new lead and co-development projects and the reluctance of third party investors to fund games or game companies. This has made it exceptionally difficult to sign new work or secure other forms of funding.

Our current focus is on our team and the well-being of those most impacted, whom we are supporting with severance pay and benefits continuation. We are also making their vested awards under our Stock Equity Plan portable so they may benefit from the company’s success in the future.

We have built an amazing culture where we all come together to support one another in times of need. We ask for your understanding and patience while we navigate this unprecedented event. Thank you.

A Message from Max Hoberman, CEO of Certain Affinity - Certain Affinity

Hope Microsoft signs a multi-game deal with Relic, they're going to need an immediate publisher. Also, I've a feeling that half of those dozens of new independent studios that were opened over the past few years won't even make it to their first game.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Hope Microsoft signs a multi-game deal with Relic, they're going to need an immediate publisher. Also, I've a feeling that half of those dozens of new independent studios that were opened over the past few years won't even make it to their first game.

Many of those studios are not big in the first place so if they are forced to lay off a significant amount of their staff I don't see how their project can survive.

Around the Network

I saw where Smilegate closed the AAA Barcelona studio they opened a few years ago before they could release their first game.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

Many of those studios are not big in the first place so if they are forced to lay off a significant amount of their staff I don't see how their project can survive.

You do smaller projects with much shorter time to market.  Every studio is not cut out to do 5 year long AAA projects.  Sometimes you have to be more adaptable to the market and know when its time to invest in shorter projects or larger projects.  A lot of those studios try to do Spiderman 2 type of budget game when they really should be more focus on making smaller tighter projects like Prince of Persia.

Global Head of Xbox Marketing,  xbox keeps making horrible choices...

konnichiwa said:

GJt2X8XWcAIw1ps (680×680) (twimg.com)

GJ0dhouXgAAxrSt (549×269) (twimg.com)

First of all, there was nothing wrong with her tweet.

Secondly, Elon Musk? Really? TheQuartering? Keep that trash out of this thread.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

GJt2X8XWcAIw1ps (680×680) (twimg.com)

GJ0dhouXgAAxrSt (549×269) (twimg.com)

First of all, there was nothing wrong with her tweet.

Secondly, Elon Musk? Really? TheQuartering? Keep that trash out of this thread.

It is a bad take or do you consider it a good take?; who are they fighting? White gamers? Considering Xbox marketing has been honestly between horrible bad/non existant for most of the world it is a shame...

Edit: she made her posts private...... The head of global Marketing whose purpose is to Market Xbox and put it in a good light has made het X account Private. 

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 29 March 2024