By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 11 40.74%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 16 59.26%

Total:27
Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Global Head of Xbox Marketing,  xbox keeps making horrible choices...

GJt2X8XWcAIw1ps (680×680) (twimg.com)

GJ0dhouXgAAxrSt (549×269) (twimg.com)

First of all, there was nothing wrong with her tweet.

Secondly, Elon Musk? Really? TheQuartering? Keep that trash out of this thread.

In no uncertain terms do "minorities have to fight to prove they exist."  Coddling or sympathizing with this type of ludicrous framing does more harm than good in the long term.

May 2024 Articles:

Botany Manor (XS) Review -- 8/10 |

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

In no uncertain terms do "minorities have to fight to prove they exist."  Coddling or sympathizing with this type of ludicrous framing does more harm than good in the long term.

Yes. They do, not just in gaming but in all walks of life.

And FWIW I see a lot of people whining about how gaming is made up of mostly white males so it should cater to only them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with sympathising with minorities.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:

I find it a little ironic that one who complains constantly about Xbox ignoring lesser markets, ones in which Xbox doesn't sell that well in, is angry at the sight of an Xbox employee pointing out that there's more gamers than white males, that would include her as a woman but it would also have knock on effects on appealing to other ethnicities, races, religions, genders, etc.

Not just the white men of America or UK.

See,  what I appreciate(d) about xbox(community) that Xbox has Sarah Bond, has like 50% women at the top but not once I can remember any bigotry or hate about it and I am sure this is mostly because Xbox just tries to be inclusive without being openly political about it.  Phil Sarah Larry and so on never had a similar tweet like hers, I am sure  99% of the marketing department will point out to make never a tweet like hers, I am sure someone at xbox also pointed that out and she excused herself for her 'tweet(s) for me it is over when I read her apology.

VersusEvil said:

Like this comment if you think Konn should be banned 🫢

No offense to @konnichiwa for this, but I simply have to whenever Versus says "like this comment..." regardless of context.

May 2024 Articles:

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

I find it a little ironic that one who complains constantly about Xbox ignoring lesser markets, ones in which Xbox doesn't sell that well in, is angry at the sight of an Xbox employee pointing out that there's more gamers than white males, that would include her as a woman but it would also have knock on effects on appealing to other ethnicities, races, religions, genders, etc.

Not just the white men of America or UK.

See,  what I appreciate(d) about xbox(community) that Xbox has Sarah Bond, has like 50% women at the top but not once I can remember any bigotry or hate about it and I am sure this is mostly because Xbox just tries to be inclusive without being openly political about it.  Phil Sarah Larry and so on never had a similar tweet like hers, I am sure  99% of the marketing department will point out to make never a tweet like hers, I am sure someone at xbox also pointed that out and she excused herself for her 'tweet(s) for me it is over when I read her apology.

I can.

And often it is brewed from the same idiot incels that you're posting like TheQuartering.

Around the Network

And WTH are you talking about, Phil and Sarah talk a lot about diversity, inclusion, etc, being an important thing, Microsoft is far more open about this thing than Sony and especially Nintendo. I've seen plenty of bigoted comments thrown towards Sarah Bond that she's only there because she's a black woman and Microsoft is trying to fill a diversity quota, I immediately saw the same shit thrown at the person who became Blizzard's new CEO cause she was a woman. I saw it with Mojang's boss, etc.

These people constantly have to justify themselves.

Ryuu96 said:
coolbeans said:

Yes. They do, not just in gaming but in all walks of life.

And FWIW I see a lot of people whining about how gaming is made up of mostly white males so it should cater to only them.

*Sigh* I mean... broadening it out to everything else just opens up a new can of worms.  But even that statement isn't a universal given.  You can't just paint with a broad brush the "inherent plight of minorities" when East Asian immigrants (on average) have a higher standard of living than their native counterparts. 

You see what you did though?  You already lowered the temperature by re-framing the discussion around broader market opportunities.  No one sounds unhinged when they make simpler appeals like "non-white males & females also have disposable income."  Catastrophizing the situation as though you're waking up everyday to your very existence being threatened just b/c you're a minority is flagrantly untrue.  We're in the 2020s, not the 1920s.

May 2024 Articles:

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

In no uncertain terms do "minorities have to fight to prove they exist"  Coddling or sympathizing with this type of ludicrous framing does more harm than good in the long term.

There are tons of issues that underprivileged groups face. 

They frequently get harassed when something goes wrong. Some examples on the Sony side, when Santa Monica delayed God of War Ragnarok, Alanah Pearce got a large brunt of harassment for it. Despite the fact that she is just a writer on the game. 

The TLOU actress for Abby got attacked for playing that character, as if Abby was the real person. Despite the fact that it wasn't her decision, she wasn't the director or writer. 

Not to mention, the other billion problems underprivileged face in all walks of life. Harassment for being in the wrong place. Not getting the benefit of the doubt that a white male would have had in the same situation. Fewer chances of advancement. Underrepresented and blamed. 

And no, it is not problematic to talk about it. 

People need to grow up and stop trying to feel victimized, every time someone complains about the challenges they face, and stop trying to make these issues about them. 

This conversation is going down a dangerous path for this thread and before I know it I'll be the target of some weirdo far right dudes YouTube or Website like CGI was one time, which BTW that site is banned from being used as a source here now because of the disgusting shit people were saying about him in the comments section.

"MODS GONE WOKE. VGHCARTZ HELLHOLE! *ME PULLING SHOCKED FACE* HEAR ME SCREECH ON THE VERGE OF TEARS FOR 20 MINUTES"

the-pi-guy said:
coolbeans said:

In no uncertain terms do "minorities have to fight to prove they exist"  Coddling or sympathizing with this type of ludicrous framing does more harm than good in the long term.

There are tons of issues that underprivileged groups face. 

They frequently get harassed when something goes wrong. Some examples on the Sony side, when Santa Monica delayed God of War Ragnarok, Alanah Pearce got a large brunt of harassment for it. Despite the fact that she is just a writer on the game. 

The TLOU actress for Abby got attacked for playing that character, as if Abby was the real person. Despite the fact that it wasn't her decision, she wasn't the director or writer. 

Not to mention, the other billion problems underprivileged face in all walks of life. Harassment for being in the wrong place. Not getting the benefit of the doubt that a white male would have had in the same situation. Fewer chances of advancement. Underrepresented and blamed. 

And no, it is not problematic to talk about it. 

People need to grow up and stop trying to feel victimized, every time someone complains about the challenges they face, and stop trying to make these issues about them. 

Yes. All this.

Dreading how the actress for TLOU show will be treated cause I like her a lot.