By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

Parris is awesome, always calm and level-headed, never dives into dooming or clickbait trash, a big fan of gaming but not a fanboy, doesn't get involved in console warring and is also a funny and chill guy, seems to have a great insight into the industry and passionate about it, has opinions sometimes I don't agree with but always presents his opinions in a reasonable way and spreads optimism and positivity about a hobby which can be easy to fall into constant negativity.

Probably my favourite content creator/influencer/whatever you want to call it.

Just trying to spread some positive comment, Lol.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Parris is awesome, always calm and level-headed, never dives into dooming or clickbait trash, a big fan of gaming but not a fanboy, doesn't get involved in console warring and is also a funny and chill guy, seems to have a great insight into the industry and passionate about it, has opinions sometimes I don't agree with but always presents his opinions in a reasonable way and spreads optimism and positivity about a hobby which can be easy to fall into constant negativity.

Probably my favourite content creator/influencer/whatever you want to call it.

Just trying to spread some positive comment, Lol.

Well, that's interrupting my ceaseless doomscrolling, so stop doing that.

PixelPirate said:
Ryuu96 said:

And again, none of these issues are exclusive to Xbox.

Maybe not exclusive, but I don't think Nintendo is seeking infinite growth. They seem to understand their core audience and make great games which drives people to their console. That is just what they do. They try to create a console with a wide appeal and some amazing games to support it.

With Xbox, it always feels like they need to expand and find new customers and subscribers. First the Xbox One, which was supposed to be the all-in-one solution for everyone. We know how that went..., so they changed strategy and created new services like cloud gaming, gamepass etc. And like Sarah Bond mentioned: 'Every screen is an Xbox'. 

Btw, I think GamePass is amazing. Discovered so many great games there. But now again, this strategy also seems to fail because subscribers aren't growing enough for them to be happy, so they are changing strategy again to find growth in profits. With Sea of Thieves going pretty well on PS5, I wouldn't be suprised if Microsoft will try go GAAS with many of their projects.... Which makes me sad... 

Nintendo cannot be compared to Sony and MS because Nintendo only has the gaming division and thus they must really be careful how they approach the market especially in the face of big pockets like MS and Sony.  As someone stated, the purchase of ABK and their profit margin probably has gained the attention of a lot of unwanted senior level people at MS.  I believe people forget that MS gaming division is 3rd largest within MS profit and revenue wise from what I remember.  Those type of numbers put the gaming division in a whole different category.  What that means for the future of MS gaming I am not sure but change is definitely coming.

What they were REALLY trying to get implemented asap

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

This was a complete non answer lol

G2ThaUNiT said:

Appeared to pain her to give that answer.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

The strategy continues to shift and change. MS wants different things from Xbox than Xbox wants from Xbox. What's said today won't be true tomorrow. Feels a power struggle is happening & has been happening since February's multiplatform strategy became official.

-NateDrake

Pretty much just what people have been suggesting. 

the-pi-guy said:
The strategy continues to shift and change. MS wants different things from Xbox than Xbox wants from Xbox. What's said today won't be true tomorrow. Feels a power struggle is happening & has been happening since February's multiplatform strategy became official.

-NateDrake

Pretty much just what people have been suggesting. 

It's the simplest theory that explain the illogism in some decision.

DroidKnight said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Appeared to pain her to give that answer.

Not sure if she is just a really good actor, or if she is legitimately pained about these crap studio closing decisions from above and being forced to give these crap PR answers from above. She looks like she is trying to blink away tears at times, and seems quite shaky overall. If there is indeed a power struggle between Microsoft and Xbox right now like Nate is suggesting, it seems like she at least is on team Xbox rather than team Microsoft corpo sleazebags. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 May 2024