By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 45.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 55.00%

Total:40

Yet Philly and Booty continue to hide like fucking cowards 👎

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Btw, if you have Amazon Prime, Fallout 3 GOTY, Tomb Raider GOTY, and Lego Star Wars 3 are all free right now, GOG copies.

G2ThaUNiT said:

This was a complete non answer lol

She was blinking a lot and looked uncomfortable.
Looks like Microsoft couldn't prepare a proper explanation in time for this interview.

That non-answer felt like "I don't know, bro. Go ask Phil Spencer."

Last edited by Hiku - on 10 May 2024

I just learned my best friend is in this photo and he didn't like it. The white dot on the house to the left is him. He almost didn't make it out. He ran like hell when the alert happened. He's been playing a lot of F76 lately.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

the-pi-guy said:

The strategy continues to shift and change. MS wants different things from Xbox than Xbox wants from Xbox. What's said today won't be true tomorrow. Feels a power struggle is happening & has been happening since February's multiplatform strategy became official.

-NateDrake

Pretty much just what people have been suggesting. 

There's obviously a power struggle happening, it's so fucking embarrassing we can see it play out, why can't Microsoft be normal for once? Always a bloodthirsty money hungry company. Unfortunately, Satya will win, Microsoft always wins, the only way Xbox stands a chance against Microsoft poisoning them is if Microsoft spins them off as an independent company but as much as I would want that now, it would likely kill Xbox in the long run.

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

Appeared to pain her to give that answer.

Not sure if she is just a really good actor, or if she is legitimately pained about these crap studio closing decisions from above and being forced to give these crap PR answers from above. She looks like she is trying to blink away tears at times, and seems quite shaky overall. If there is indeed a power struggle between Microsoft and Xbox right now like Nate is suggesting, it seems like she at least is on team Xbox rather than team Microsoft corpo sleazebags. 

I think she's legitimately uncomfortable, of all the Xbox execs she seemed the most "human" but also studios are not her area, she has no say over that, she is in charge of Hardware and (Services?). She was likely informed that the studios were being closed but that's all. It's likely Satya told Phil that some cuts need doing, Phil told Matt that some cuts need doing and either Matt or Zenimax boss decided who to close but Sarah wouldn't have been a part of that decision making process at all.

I find it interest how Phil is nowhere to be seen right now when he's usually instantly in front of any PR drama doing a PR interview.

Also, Sarah once again mentioned all future Xbox titles will be on Game Pass day one, she also said that a couple months ago, why would she say that if there's a power struggle going on whether to put COD on Game Pass? I wonder if she's trying to make a power play move of her own, by announcing it in public so many times she can say to those against it: "Well, I've said it now so we can't go back on our word" but unfortunately for Sarah, Microsoft doesn't give a shit about public backlash if that is her plan.

Microsoft does not understand consumer products and still don't, they have an Office/Azure/Windows mindset for everything, where the consumers opinion don't matter for those products, they're all business orientated. Microsoft doesn't understand the importance of consumer. Satya probably isn't even aware of the backlash going on right now or simply doesn't care.

But I do believe Sarah is making a power play move by constantly repeating in public all Xbox titles day one on Game Pass.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 May 2024

Around the Network

Sarah also said the forward compatibility team will be ensuring if you invested hundreds, thousands of dollars since the first Xbox that you can take all of those games with your into the future in the next iteration and after that.

Ryuu96 said:

Is SteamDeck 2 rumoured or anything? Any information on if it's happening? When it could happen?

How does SteamDeck compare with ASUS Ally in terms of resolution and framerate?

What are your reviews on SteamDeck and ASUS Ally?

Loved the steamdeck. Had it for a year but then sold it once i got a pc. Didn't need the portability as i played it on a monitor.

She didn't know as of March 1st so the decision was recent.