By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23

Sjeez even the sales on Xbox are bad now...

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Why "even"... ?

Please elaborate cause "even" implies (to me, at least) that everything else from Xbox is bad... This is far from being the case; in fact, I do not see anything bad about Xbox lately, quite the opposite; so please explain.

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Xbox losing third party support is a legitimate concern, it happened to Wii U, it’ll happen to to Xbox too considering Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime. When Xbox users don’t even buy first party it’s not surprising they aren’t buying third party.

Sometimes I'm almost baited but this is another sike right? "Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime"

Anyway, it's more doom baiting vague rumours, wake me when something significant actually happens, all I see lately is Xbox having its best third party support since the X360 era, things are significantly better than the Xbox One era in terms of 3rd party support and yet I don't remember anywhere near as many of these sorts of articles for the Xbox One era.

Like the constant complaining about indies skipping Xbox whilst not acknowledging all the indies that skip PlayStation or Switch as well, nobody appreciates the indie exclusives that we get and only focus on the indie exclusives that we don't get, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say. They'll always be indies that skip Xbox or PlayStation or Switch.

With 2024, and 2025... before the rumored early next gen from xbox..... it should be able to hit 35m atleast right?

Also Why would people buy xbox 1st party titles in normal amounts, when the entire purpose of gamepass is that you dont have too?
(like isnt that why you pay for gamepass?)

Im with Ryuu96 on this one, thats a odd take by versusEvil.
Xbox isn't nintendo or playstation, they have their own road to walk, and its just a differnt path than the others.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 26 March 2024

I actually like the way this sounds. Xbox turning into a Console/PC hybrid? I wonder if this could even include Steam and Xbox turns into a form of Steam Machine. There's a lot of possibilities as to how this can go, but it could be a way that Xbox as a piece of hardware survives. Especially with how much talk they've been doing about tearing down walled gardens. Xbox having direct access to the PC community could be massive. Especially in terms of the console turning into an affordable cost of entry into PC gaming.

G2ThaUNiT said:

I actually like the way this sounds. Xbox turning into a Console/PC hybrid? I wonder if this could even include Steam and Xbox turns into a form of Steam Machine. There's a lot of possibilities as to how this can go, but it could be a way that Xbox as a piece of hardware survives. Especially with how much talk they've been doing about tearing down walled gardens. Xbox having direct access to the PC community could be massive. Especially in terms of the console turning into an affordable cost of entry into PC gaming.

I'd be short term annoyed, but long term happy. I just bought a Rog Ally Z1 Extreme to play Steam games and function as my PC, in part *because* I can't play my PC games like Total War series or prior purchases on my Xbox. 

But I'd be very happy with this in the coming years if they did it as it means I won't really need a PC anymore.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

The games would still have to be ported to Xbox, but still that would be huge. Because devs already registered with the PC stores and know their publishing process. And I also assume the stores would actually help with porting. Maybe even with an emulation layer like Steam has for Linux with Proton.

EGS would be already a good addition, if that could include Steam it would be massive though!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Imaginedvl said:
konnichiwa said:

Why "even"... ?

Please elaborate cause "even" implies (to me, at least) that everything else from Xbox is bad... This is far from being the case; in fact, I do not see anything bad about Xbox lately, quite the opposite; so please explain.

Well with no new first party releases for some time you can't call it great, or games like Azur Promilia getting announced and skipping xbox, but the deals/sales were consistently bad for a week or 2 and then we had some good ones, but sales lately feel out of place, some even don't have a price it is like they are messing up the store.   

Well can't open the store console fast enough, work with steam please...

G2ThaUNiT said:

Man this is gold. This is what I want. I understand exclusives, I understand console and the closed ecosystems (business side of it).

But for the consumer, having a device that can be an hybrid between PC/Xbox and plays BOTH games (including Steam, Epic Store, etc), would be so perfect.

And this would maybe force Sony (not Nintendo ;) Not fucking way), to release their games on PC day one like Microsoft.

I'm so tired of having to buy a game on Xbox; then another "version" on PC, and then cross saves are not even a thing etc... this is so dumb in 2023

konnichiwa said:
Imaginedvl said:

Why "even"... ?

Well with no new first party releases for some time you can't call it great, or games like Azur Promilia getting announced and skipping xbox, but the deals/sales were consistently bad for a week or 2 and then we had some good ones, but sales lately feel out of place, some even don't have a price it is like they are messing up the store.   

Well can't open the store console fast enough, work with steam please...

This is March... This is the worse time of the year for any console/game release out there. And even if some (like Final Fantasy 7) games are out, there is nothing bad on Microsoft side, just a normal slow down until June kicks off. I am not saying the sales are good or anything (I have no opinion to be honest); but saying that it is "yet" another bad thing from Xbox is just weird. Xbox is doing pretty fine and other than being in a slow period (like anyone else right now); things are looking good for the second half of the year. 

And we may even get some surprises (including that mobile console, crossing my fingers for it to be true)

Oh man, this takes me back......I may have to hunt down an OG Xbox on Ebay to experience this golden age again!