By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23
JRPGfan said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sometimes I'm almost baited but this is another sike right? "Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime"

Anyway, it's more doom baiting vague rumours, wake me when something significant actually happens, all I see lately is Xbox having its best third party support since the X360 era, things are significantly better than the Xbox One era in terms of 3rd party support and yet I don't remember anywhere near as many of these sorts of articles for the Xbox One era.

Like the constant complaining about indies skipping Xbox whilst not acknowledging all the indies that skip PlayStation or Switch as well, nobody appreciates the indie exclusives that we get and only focus on the indie exclusives that we don't get, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say. They'll always be indies that skip Xbox or PlayStation or Switch.

With 2024, and 2025... before the rumored early next gen from xbox..... it should be able to hit 35m atleast right?

Also Why would people buy xbox 1st party titles in normal amounts, when the entire purpose of gamepass is that you dont have too?
(like isnt that why you pay for gamepass?)

Im with Ryuu96 on this one, thats a odd take by versusEvil.

Xbox isn't nintendo or playstation, they have their own road to walk, and its just a differnt path than the others.

I don't think 2024 will have a new console aside from the Series X All Digital Edition. Imo, I think it'll either be 2025 for the "handheld" and 2026 for the "console" or they'll both release in 2026 but that would be a bit annoying cause together they'd cost a lot and they offer two completely different experiences in which I would want them both and I'd have to really justify it to myself to buy both at the same time, Lol.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

I actually like the way this sounds. Xbox turning into a Console/PC hybrid? I wonder if this could even include Steam and Xbox turns into a form of Steam Machine. There's a lot of possibilities as to how this can go, but it could be a way that Xbox as a piece of hardware survives. Especially with how much talk they've been doing about tearing down walled gardens. Xbox having direct access to the PC community could be massive. Especially in terms of the console turning into an affordable cost of entry into PC gaming.

This would be amazing and it's what we've been saying for weeks now

I think Valve would be fully onboard with this, why wouldn't they be? Steam is already available everywhere and I think Epic would 100% do it because they've low-key been aligning themselves with Microsoft lately in an effort to go after Apple's closed ecosystem, I could see this being Microsoft's ultimate long term goal.

First Xbox Store and Windows Store should be merge into one though, Game Pass Console/PC into one, etc. Which would eliminate the need to have an Xbox Store and Windows Store on the same device then they can think about bringing PC stores to Xbox consoles, Lol. They could start with Battle.Net (WoW) and Epic Game Store.

Mnementh said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I actually like the way this sounds. Xbox turning into a Console/PC hybrid? I wonder if this could even include Steam and Xbox turns into a form of Steam Machine. There's a lot of possibilities as to how this can go, but it could be a way that Xbox as a piece of hardware survives. Especially with how much talk they've been doing about tearing down walled gardens. Xbox having direct access to the PC community could be massive. Especially in terms of the console turning into an affordable cost of entry into PC gaming.

The games would still have to be ported to Xbox, but still that would be huge. Because devs already registered with the PC stores and know their publishing process. And I also assume the stores would actually help with porting. Maybe even with an emulation layer like Steam has for Linux with Proton.

EGS would be already a good addition, if that could include Steam it would be massive though!

In the context MS is opening up the Xbox OS it is possible they do so in a way that drop the requirement to be packaged as an Xbox executable, if they do so there will be little requirement left preventing windows executable to run as-is on Xbox. But more likely than not, MS would still want to keep a minimal process just to make sure somebody is handling the situation and is responsible for the end quality.

As for emulation, MS already as a better solution running Linux software on windows (WSL2) than Linux as running windows executatble (Proton). WSL2 work because MS fully integrated a Linux core inside windows itself which allow Linux software to run on windows without an emulation overhead. I do believe the same strategy, and an easier to implement one a that, could be used here.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

EpicRandy said:
Mnementh said:

The games would still have to be ported to Xbox, but still that would be huge. Because devs already registered with the PC stores and know their publishing process. And I also assume the stores would actually help with porting. Maybe even with an emulation layer like Steam has for Linux with Proton.

EGS would be already a good addition, if that could include Steam it would be massive though!

In the context MS is opening up the Xbox OS it is possible they do so in a way that drop the requirement to be packaged as an Xbox executable, if they do so there will be little requirement left preventing windows executable to run as-is on Xbox. But more likely than not, MS would still want to keep a minimal process just to make sure somebody is handling the situation and is responsible for the end quality.

As for emulation, MS already as a better solution running Linux software on windows (WSL2) than Linux as running windows executatble (Proton). WSL2 work because MS fully integrated a Linux core inside windows itself which allow Linux software to run on windows without an emulation overhead. I do believe the same strategy, and an easier to implement one a that, could be used here.

WSL is aactually a virtual machine: "WSL 2 uses virtualization technology to run a Linux kernel inside of a lightweight utility virtual machine (VM). Linux distributions run as isolated containers inside of the WSL 2 managed VM."

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about

Which is quite a bit more overhead than emulation.

But reading up on it, it seems Xbox uses a Windows system under the hood already. There are certainly some specialties like a hypervisor, but probably porting isn't that big of a deal.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
JRPGfan said:

With 2024, and 2025... before the rumored early next gen from xbox..... it should be able to hit 35m atleast right?

Also Why would people buy xbox 1st party titles in normal amounts, when the entire purpose of gamepass is that you dont have too?
(like isnt that why you pay for gamepass?)

Im with Ryuu96 on this one, thats a odd take by versusEvil.

Xbox isn't nintendo or playstation, they have their own road to walk, and its just a differnt path than the others.

I don't think 2024 will have a new console aside from the Series X All Digital Edition. Imo, I think it'll either be 2025 for the "handheld" and 2026 for the "console" or they'll both release in 2026 but that would be a bit annoying cause together they'd cost a lot and they offer two completely different experiences in which I would want them both and I'd have to really justify it to myself to buy both at the same time, Lol.

Thats what I mean, xbox series will still be selling in 2024 and 2025.
The rumored replacement (new gen) isnt supposed to happend until 2026.

With ~2 years more before a new gen, xbox series should be able to do atleast 7 million or so.
So even the most pessimistic amoung us, wouldn't expect xbox series s/x to sell less than 35m imo.

Mnementh said:
EpicRandy said:

WSL is aactually a virtual machine: "WSL 2 uses virtualization technology to run a Linux kernel inside of a lightweight utility virtual machine (VM). Linux distributions run as isolated containers inside of the WSL 2 managed VM."

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about

But reading up on it, it seems Xbox uses a Windows system under the hood already. There are certainly some specialties like a hypervisor, but probably porting isn't that big of a deal.

Not in this context. The VM has a very low footprint and contrary to emulation it does not add a traduction layer, running something on WSL2 gives very similar performance as Linux itself in most cases https://www.phoronix.com/review/windows11-wsl2-zen4

it's not perfect for sure but Xbox OS and Windows are much closer than Windows Linux which should make things easier.

Ryuu96 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

This would be amazing and it's what we've been saying for weeks now

I think Valve would be fully onboard with this, why wouldn't they be? Steam is already available everywhere and I think Epic would 100% do it because they've low-key been aligning themselves with Microsoft lately in an effort to go after Apple's closed ecosystem, I could see this being Microsoft's ultimate long term goal.

First Xbox Store and Windows Store should be merge into one though, Game Pass Console/PC into one, etc. Which would eliminate the need to have an Xbox Store and Windows Store on the same device then they can think about bringing PC stores to Xbox consoles, Lol. They could start with Battle.Net (WoW) and Epic Game Store.

They would need to drop the multiplayer paywall first, it's an ambitious plan that would shake up the industry it would interesting to see how Sony reacts.

EpicRandy said:
EspadaGrim said:

I know it's not a mandate but there's no need to suggest it in the first place is my entire point.

From my point of view, it's pretty good advice and nothing more. 

But also, MS is the one financing those projects, and if they publish a title that draws controversy for exposing overtly exaggerated female character traits, they're the ones who would have to front the controversy.

What's funny though is that the Twitter post likened the mention to something it is explicitly not.

MS: avoid exaggerated body proportions

The post: shows an image of a female character with no discernable exaggerated body proportions as a suggestion of would-be impacted material.

yeah, that's not clickbait at all -_____-

If it's a mandate/suggestion for their own 1st party game then it's fine they can do what they want, but honestly we know what they mean when they say exaggerated body proportions ie no Curvy Women, would this exaggerated body proportions also include Obese and Ripped body types as well for Women? This seems to suggest that they only have a problem with one which is stupid imo