By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 11 40.74%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 16 59.26%

Total:27

Xbox losing third party support is a legitimate concern, it happened to Wii U, it’ll happen to to Xbox too considering Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime. When Xbox users don’t even buy first party it’s not surprising they aren’t buying third party.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
shikamaru317 said:

Smh, Xbox is apparently asking developers on their developer support site to not make female characters with "exaggerated body proportions".

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1772392315069387138?t=Lod-T7HYnLguP2SinirV5w&s=19

I feel another point should get more attention:

"When the story allows, do you show male characters who display a full range of emotions, including joy, sadness, and vulnerability?"

This is something I feel is lacking in recent years. That is a reason I like Gale in BG3 so much (and to a lesser extend also the other male companions): he is a person with flaws and strengths and emotional range. In recent years I feel like female characters are more easily displayed with such depth and range, but male characters often are lacking. Game devs should really follow this advice more.

It's also only a suggestion so it's not like developers have to follow it, Lol.

But I agree with you on the male character suggestion, I also find female characters wearing barely any clothing whilst fighting deadly creatures to look quite frankly, ridiculous and eye rolling, characters like Quiet just look stupid, Imo. Unless you're also going to do the same to the male character. You can make characters attractive whilst still giving them appropriate protective gear.

I see more people talking about that Stellar Blade's characters ass than the actual gameplay, Lmao.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 March 2024

shikamaru317 said:

Smh, Xbox is apparently asking developers on their developer support site to not make female characters with "exaggerated body proportions".

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1772392315069387138?t=Lod-T7HYnLguP2SinirV5w&s=19

Ridiculous for them to get involved in that BS, let artists/developers do what they want. 

VersusEvil said:

Xbox losing third party support is a legitimate concern, it happened to Wii U, it’ll happen to to Xbox too considering Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime. When Xbox users don’t even buy first party it’s not surprising they aren’t buying third party.

Sometimes I'm almost baited but this is another sike right? "Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime"

Anyway, it's more doom baiting vague rumours, wake me when something significant actually happens, all I see lately is Xbox having its best third party support since the X360 era, things are significantly better than the Xbox One era in terms of 3rd party support and yet I don't remember anywhere near as many of these sorts of articles for the Xbox One era.

Like the constant complaining about indies skipping Xbox whilst not acknowledging all the indies that skip PlayStation or Switch as well, nobody appreciates the indie exclusives that we get and only focus on the indie exclusives that we don't get, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say. They'll always be indies that skip Xbox or PlayStation or Switch.

EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ridiculous for them to get involved in that BS, let artists/developers do what they want. 

They will, it's only a suggestion, Lol.

It's just more rage-bait.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I know it's not a mandate but there's no need to suggest it in the first place is my entire point.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

I know it's not a mandate but there's no need to suggest it in the first place is my entire point.

Eh, while I think there is no *need*, I think such suggestions are fine. As an artist you can look at them and follow them if they fit your vision or ignore them if not. They do no real harm, as long as they are not taken as mandate. And giving the artist enough pause to think it through is helpful. Such an suggestion can be helpful to think why you make certain design decisions. If you at the end make the same decision - fine. At this point you have won more confidence in what you do.

EDIT: To elaborate I bring something closer to me. I am a programmer (or if you are sir fancybutts: a software developer). In the community there are hot debates over programming guidelines/recommendations like DRY, clean code or SOLID. While in the end I do not follow everything I think these discussions are enlightening, because they make me think about why I make certain decisions. And that can lead to changes if all my reasoning boils down to: because everyone does it. They can be harmful to devs though, that take these guidelines on without questioning them, just blindly follow them.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 26 March 2024

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Sometimes I'm almost baited but this is another sike right? "Series is on track to not even selling 30m lifetime"

Me bait? Whatever do you mean 👉👈

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

From my point of view, it's pretty good advice and nothing more. 

But also, MS is the one financing those projects, and if they publish a title that draws controversy for exposing overtly exaggerated female character traits, they're the ones who would have to front the controversy.

What's funny though is that the Twitter post likened the mention to something it is explicitly not.

MS: avoid exaggerated body proportions

The post: shows an image of a female character with no discernable exaggerated body proportions as a suggestion of would-be impacted material.

yeah, that's not clickbait at all -_____-

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 26 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Anyway, it's more doom baiting vague rumours, wake me when something significant actually happens, all I see lately is Xbox having its best third party support since the X360 era, things are significantly better than the Xbox One era in terms of 3rd party support and yet I don't remember anywhere near as many of these sorts of articles for the Xbox One era.

Like the constant complaining about indies skipping Xbox whilst not acknowledging all the indies that skip PlayStation or Switch as well, nobody appreciates the indie exclusives that we get and only focus on the indie exclusives that we don't get, the grass is always greener on the other side as they say. They'll always be indies that skip Xbox or PlayStation or Switch.

I always like your optimism around these kind of news or rumors as a pessimist guy.
Personally, I've been feeling an extremely negative energy around the brand since the beginning of the year, on Twitter most of the time.

I'm looking forward to Jurassic Park Survival, but I'm only afraid that the Xbox version will be cancelled altogether.