By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

Bofferbrauer2 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Alright, I'll give it a try.

48) Must be a Shantae game but I'm not super familiar with the series, Pirate's Curse maybe?

40) Serious Sam?

Finally! I thought the third hint was a dead giveaway for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for everyone who played it, but apparently not...

As for Serious Sam, which one?

Ehh, The First Encounter?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Finally! I thought the third hint was a dead giveaway for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for everyone who played it, but apparently not...

As for Serious Sam, which one?

Ehh, The First Encounter?

Oh-oh!

It is TFE! Though when making the list, I was struggling between this one or The Second Encounter due to the final level (The Grand Cathedral) being truly epic, but the rest of the game leans more to TFE than TSE, so...

Bofferbrauer2 said:

43: Woo-hoo! (It will never leave!).

Ducktales?

Darashiva said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

43: Woo-hoo! (It will never leave!).

Ducktales?

Of course!

Now good luck getting that out of your head again

(-1)

One of the smallest drops on the list actually and its for one that yea is mostly just here for nostalgia, it is very flawed, but also the rising issues I've had with Superstars has somewhat enhanced this game for me. The map design is so unique and fun, and the candy mechanic is one of the best item systems in any of these games. The minigames may be hit or miss with bad motion controls but idk the things this game does right are so good that it still stands as one of my favorites in the series, and honestly one I'd wish they draw some inspiration from to spice things up for future entries.

Around the Network
drbunnig said:

- Good guys, bad guys... doesn't matter which, both have a chance of feline fine in this game.

My list so far

Splatoon maybe?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bofferbrauer2 said:

47: This early 3D PC game is mostly an ego-shooter, but also an adventure game and has some strategy mixed into it.

1. Hint: As long as you have summoned a castle and it is still standing, getting killed will respawn you there, otherwise it's game over.
  2. Hint: You're not firing weapons, but rather casting spells that you learn from scrolls you can find in the levels.
  3. Hint: Some of the spells can later be upgraded, so a fireball can become a rapid fireball that you're shooting like a machinegun - as long as you have enough mana for it that is.
  4. Hint: Some spells allow you to create craters and Volcanoes, which is quite impressive considering the 3D is fully software rendered (as in, not handled by a GPU)

Never played it, but maybe Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Will be leaving for a while this week, so, triple hint time.

Mnementh said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

47: This early 3D PC game is mostly an ego-shooter, but also an adventure game and has some strategy mixed into it.

1. Hint: As long as you have summoned a castle and it is still standing, getting killed will respawn you there, otherwise it's game over.
  2. Hint: You're not firing weapons, but rather casting spells that you learn from scrolls you can find in the levels.
  3. Hint: Some of the spells can later be upgraded, so a fireball can become a rapid fireball that you're shooting like a machinegun - as long as you have enough mana for it that is.
  4. Hint: Some spells allow you to create craters and Volcanoes, which is quite impressive considering the 3D is fully software rendered (as in, not handled by a GPU)

Never played it, but maybe Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

That's actually the only non-HoMM non-mobile Might and Magic title ever I've never played, either.

So no, not that one. It's also about 10 years older than that title as, like the last hint alludes to, it predates most 3D rendering GPUs.

mZuzek said:

Will be leaving for a while this week, so, triple hint time.

38) Now that one is Cyberpunk 2077!

39 might be a Metroid, but then again maybe not. Might as well try: Metroid Prime... 2?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat