By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't believe they removed A plague tale: innocence

reason #1 why I will never buy into GamePass/Now or any streaming service. The impermenant element of it completely ruins it for me. With passive entertainment like TV shows and movies, you can kinda half pay attention to it and it's fine. but with video games when there's a time limit it becomes work

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

reason #1 why I will never buy into GamePass/Now or any streaming service. The impermenant element of it completely ruins it for me. With passive entertainment like TV shows and movies, you can kinda half pay attention to it and it's fine. but with video games when there's a time limit it becomes work

That time limit was 3 years. How long does it take someone to finish or play a game if they are interested in it?.

If it takes them more then 3 years to finish a game they are interested in then the fault lays on them. However the other option for someone who is interested in the game but didnt want gamepass would be to buy it. And guess what them users could and still can buy it...

Having 3rd party games removed after the license runs out as a reason for not using gamepass is the biggest load of horseshit ive ever seen as the other option for them gamers who use this excuse is to then go and buy the game and gamepass does not take that option away..

That desperation to find and say something negative about MS/GP haha

you're complaing a third party product thats been on the service for 3 years is no longer there? gamepass announces when the games are leaving weeks in advance..sounds like you're just looking for something to complain about

ironmanDX said:

It was on there for 3 years.

You had time.

Many are quick to defend saying its been there for 3 years etc....You're all correct,

But I think this issue more so is if gamers are completely new to the series and playing (or reading/hearing) about the sequel was their first taste at the franchise. 

It's likely these gamers weren't aware of its existence until after they played/heard about the sequel and by the time they realized that they wanted to try the original they couldn't.  So even if its been on GP for 3 years, but to them it's only been on GP when they realized they wanted to play it (which was either too brief or too late). 

Yes, it's nothing against GP and is 100% the gamers fault for not doing their due diligence, downloading it ahead of time etc. so they will just have to suck it up and buy it or wait for it to come back. But I understand situation of the OP.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

It makes a lot of sense logically.

But yeah, this is the kind of reason I'll never be interested in game pass. Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing.

Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing a discount if you want to buy the game and 400+ other games to choose from.

FTFY

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It makes a lot of sense logically.

But yeah, this is the kind of reason I'll never be interested in game pass. Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing.

Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing a discount if you want to buy the game and 400+ other games to choose from.

FTFY

This is what annoys me when people use that excuse for not being interested in Gamepass etc. Without gamepass they would still have to buy the game anyways if they wanted to play it. So how does a game after 3 years being removed and then giving them users a discount to buy said game change any of that is beyond me.

V-r0cK said:
ironmanDX said:

It was on there for 3 years.

You had time.

Many are quick to defend saying its been there for 3 years etc....You're all correct,

But I think this issue more so is if gamers are completely new to the series and playing (or reading/hearing) about the sequel was their first taste at the franchise. 

It's likely these gamers weren't aware of its existence until after they played/heard about the sequel and by the time they realized that they wanted to try the original they couldn't.  So even if its been on GP for 3 years, but to them it's only been on GP when they realized they wanted to play it (which was either too brief or too late). 

Yes, it's nothing against GP and is 100% the gamers fault for not doing their due diligence, downloading it ahead of time etc. so they will just have to suck it up and buy it or wait for it to come back. But I understand situation of the OP.

Yeah but you could say that at every single point in time. What's with the ~10m people that are going to buy a Series X|S next year and discover the sequel via Game Pass? That's not an insignificant number either but no matter when you remove a game from the service there will always be people that are missing out.

Either the games are on the service forever (which would make them much more costly for Microsoft and in turn you will receive less and older games) or they are limited for a certain period but you'll get more and newer releases. IMO the latter is the far superior option as the value is far higher. Who is going to pay $10 or $15 a month for a subscription service when it's only made up of $10 games? Certainly not people who can't play all day.

As for Microsoft, they certainly did enough to promote the game beforehand. The trailers were in several Xbox shows and it was known early on that it's going to be a day one Game Pass title. If people were excited for it, they had enough time to play the prequel on Game Pass in preperation for the sequel.

So, what would happen with me is, I'd hear the sequel is coming out and go to play the first game on Gamepass. Then, I'd be like, "well that was good, but I've kind of had enough for now... I'll wait till the sequel comes out on gamepass or drops in price".

So, I get why they might feel it's in their best interest to have the game off gamepass at this time, if others are like me.

Barozi said:
V-r0cK said:

Yeah but you could say that at every single point in time. What's with the ~10m people that are going to buy a Series X|S next year and discover the sequel via Game Pass? That's not an insignificant number either but no matter when you remove a game from the service there will always be people that are missing out.

Either the games are on the service forever (which would make them much more costly for Microsoft and in turn you will receive less and older games) or they are limited for a certain period but you'll get more and newer releases. IMO the latter is the far superior option as the value is far higher. Who is going to pay $10 or $15 a month for a subscription service when it's only made up of $10 games? Certainly not people who can't play all day.

As for Microsoft, they certainly did enough to promote the game beforehand. The trailers were in several Xbox shows and it was known early on that it's going to be a day one Game Pass title. If people were excited for it, they had enough time to play the prequel on Game Pass in preperation for the sequel.

Oh I agree, and like I said its 100% the gamers' fault.  MS can market the hell out of it but if these gamers didn't notice it and missed out then its their loss. 

The only gripe for these gamers really would be the timing of said removed games.  GP just had to remove it when the new one came out but if they removed it any other time it wouldn't have been a big deal. Granted, I'm sure that was probably what MS had contracted it and that's just how it is.  

It's just a marketing thing to get those that missed out to try and pay more for it.  That's how it usually is with the streaming services; like how Disney+ removed Avatar so they could re-release it in theaters etc.