By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't believe they removed A plague tale: innocence

So they pull out A plague tale innocence from game pass, right before the sequel lands. So now a lot of people who play the sequel , after seeing the trailers and the game being on the front of gamepass, who finish it and then find out there was a prequel, and then do a gamepass search, only to find out it's gone, and now have to buy it to play. Great move microsoft, a smart way to reel in more cash...

I can't even play my copy of innocence I had installed on my gamepass. I go in to play and it says I need to sign in. I was already signed in. I got back to the gamepass store and it says no longer available. Some bullshit right there.

Around the Network

I mean, the game was on Game Pass for almost 3 years, and Microsoft announces every month what games are being added/removed from the service. Usually 2 weeks in advance before a game is removed. Innocence was removed on September 15th along with 10 other games and Microsoft announced it was going to on September 2nd.

Yeah it totally sucks, but the amount of time a third-party game is on the service is agreed between the publisher and Microsoft. Only first party games are permanent stays on Game Pass.

Thats literally how every subscription service works, what did you expect?

When a license runs out, a game gets removed. It was not MS decision to pull the game, it was the 3rd party developer that decided they did not want to renew the license to keep it on there. The only games MS has 100% control of and never leave gamepass are 1st party games, just like every other subscription service in existence.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Go physical. They cant take that away from you.

You do realise that Microsoft doesn't own A Plague Tale, right?

It has been in Game Pass for years, they gave notice in advanced that it was leaving, and you get a discount to purchase it through Game Pass before it leaves, I'm sorry but this is your fault, Lol.

Seriously doubt there's going to be a large amount of people who don't know already that A Plague Tale: Requiem is a sequel to A Plague Tale: Innocence but those that don't will have to buy it...So?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 October 2022

Around the Network

This is how Sub services work. You are paying a flat fee for rental access for a limited time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Finding out she farts and it stanks is always a bummer.

But she was so perfect during our early dates you say?

I'm sure she was, and now that she's got the hook into you.. take a big whiff, lover.

It was on there for 3 years.

You had time.

ConservagameR said:

Finding out she farts and it stanks is always a bummer.

But she was so perfect during our early dates you say?

I'm sure she was, and now that she's got the hook into you.. take a big whiff, lover.

I would suggest to your significant other a lactose free diet. 

It makes a lot of sense logically.

But yeah, this is the kind of reason I'll never be interested in game pass. Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 25 October 2022