By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 upcoming games you cant wait for.

1. Little Devil Inside: Been looking forward to it FOREVER. Its scheduled to come out this year but we still don't have a fixed date.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Only thing that will make me buy a Switch.

Around the Network

1. God of War: Ragnarök

That's it, that's the list.

1: Homeworld 3
2: Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
3: Metroid Prime 4
4: Dead Space: Remake ($70 price tag is disgraceful)
5: Resisdent 4: Remake (Hoping Capcom dont make that same $70 mistake)

Last edited by Azzanation - on 18 October 2022

Next year or two?
1.) God of War Ragnarok
2.) Starfield
3.) Tears of the Kingdom
4.) Horizon Call of the Mountain
5.) It's not announced yet, but I guess Team Asobi's next game is probably going to come out in the next year or two. (If it were announced, this would be #1 for me)

Hmm I realized my previous list was all sequels. Meaning I am part of the problem with the gaming industry. So here are my top 5 original games I'm looking forward to.

Exorimal
Pragmata
Forespoken
Wolverine
Low Fi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Bayonetta 3 is all I need for the rest of the year!

Hogwarts Legacy
Hollow Knight Silksong
Octopath Travaler 2

Whatever Souls game comes next

I was excited for Fire Emblem as it's my favorite JRPG currently, but after the trailer I'm expecting a subpar game

I'm not feeling the next Zelda either, unfortunately. I'm expecting it to be good, but with the same map... not that excited anymore. I don't even know if I'm buying it at launch

FF7: Rebirth
Spider-Man 2
Jedi Survivor
RE4 Remake
Pikmin 4

There's a few other games that look promising, but are still "wait and see" for me. Also, I would have said I'm excited for the next BioShock and Perfect Dark games, and while having new developers might do those series some good after their last entries (Infinite and PD Zero) disappointed, we have seen precisely zero gameplay, and not even an announce trailer in the new BioShock's case.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

1. Eiyuden Chronicle
2. Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
3. Tekken 8
4. FF7 Rebirth
5. RE4 Remake

Honestly, I’m fairly satisfied at the moment as far as games go. So I haven’t been thinking much about games I’m looking forward to. I mostly look at what’s released in the past week, and buy what I like. So, there aren’t any games I wouldn’t be able to wait for. But games I’m really looking forward to:

1. Victoria 3.
2. Dwarf Fortress Steam
3. Witcher 4 (whatever it will be).
4. The next Xeno game*
5. Probably Zelda.**

* The next Xeno game is a bit of an unknown, but I’m really hoping it’s in the X universe… although, I still have yet to play 3. I haven’t had the time to get to it yet as I realize it’s a fairly big game. Probably around Christmas. If they finally do a Xenogears remake (that’s Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga’s creation after all) either buy getting the license from Square or under another trademark (Sugiura suggested that they could have a spiritual remake of the game under the Xenoblade label) then this goes to #1. A Xenogears spiritual remake could happen as a sequel 10,000 years from Xenoblade Chronicles X, or however many thousand years they choose to do it if they make Mira the Xenogears planet.

** Zelda would easily be number 1 based on it being the sequel to Breath of the Wild… but then I saw the trailers and immediately lost a ton of interest. The fact it’s a sequel to Breath of the Wild leaves me with hope it will recapture some of the magic; otherwise, I wouldn’t be looking forward to it at all.

If not Zelda, then Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake. I don’t know anything about the game, but this one is by far my favourite of the original trilogy, and my fourth favourite overall (after, 5, 9, and 4, I still have yet to play 11, but I own it, and I’ve played 1-9 multiple times each, 10 doesn’t really count).

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 October 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.