By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazil's 2022 Presidential Election

That was really close, but yeah, we're screwed.

We have a ex-convict as the president.

Around the Network

Lulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HOLY SHIT IT'S OVERRRRRR

FASCISM IS DEAD

FUCKING FINALLY

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Oh yeah because we weren't completely screwed these past 4 years. Everything was fine and totally not horrible in every way.

How's about this:

You want to be ruled by fascists, take a plane and buy yourself a house in Italy.

I mean, you should have the money, right? Given how well everything has been here in Brazil lately.

...oh, and while I'm at it:

mZuzek said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Oh yeah because we weren't completely screwed these past 4 years. Everything was fine and totally not horrible in every way.

How's about this:

You want to be ruled by fascists, take a plane and buy yourself a house in Italy.

I mean, you should have the money, right? Given how well everything has been here in Brazil lately.

...oh, and while I'm at it:

I never said I support Bolsonaro.

Hating one doesn't mean I wanted the other. We were screwed either way.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mZuzek said:

I never said I support Bolsonaro.

Hating one doesn't mean I wanted the other. We were screwed either way.

Okay, fair enough, but come on. As long as you're in Brazil you'll always be screwed. The fact is, for a majority of people at least (but from what I've seen, it's actually everyone), we were a lot less fucked last time Lula was president. Public health was better. Public schools were better. Security was better. The economy was better. Less people were unemployed. Oh and also we weren't afraid of a military coup.

I can't say I'm optimistic things will improve too much under Lula, but it's definitely a step in the right direction (ha, "right"). We'll be screwed either way. But between being VERY screwed or just a little screwed, I'll take the latter, thanks.

Oh and by the way, we had a very good presidential candidate last time around, but he couldn't come close to Bolsonaro, and even today he lost the elections for government of São Paulo. He's just not popular enough, it's how it is. Lula is popular and possibly the only one who could get us rid of the fascist president. So I'm all for it.

Congratulations to our Brazilian friends for taking the first step to get out of the grasp of Jair Bolsonaro. Hopefully it's a beginning of the end for the fascist wave that's swept the globe.

Lula is doing his first speech as the winner.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 31 October 2022

Congrats to Brazil. Hopefully there is a peaceful transfer of power.

TallSilhouette said:

Congrats to Brazil. Hopefully there is a peaceful transfer of power.

Considering Bolsonaro still hasn't conceded yet, I fear it won't be as peaceful as hoped.