By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazil's 2022 Presidential Election

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Congrats to Brazil. Hopefully there is a peaceful transfer of power.

Considering Bolsonaro still hasn't conceded yet, I fear it won't be as peaceful as hoped.

His allies turned on him and transition has already begun. The only thing he has left is a bunch of far right idiots blocking some roads, perhaps in an attempt to show he can still sow chaos if they ever try to arrest him.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Congrats to Brazil. Hopefully there is a peaceful transfer of power.

Considering Bolsonaro still hasn't conceded yet, I fear it won't be as peaceful as hoped.

Concession is just a formality, and in functioning democratic societies, the transfer of power is supposed to be a process outside of the hands of the outgoing head of government, other than him hopefully facilitating an orderly handoff to the president-elect/PM-designate. That said, it's still a disturbing trend, because to me it says that the outgoing leader is hoping for a Hail Mary play to keep his power, or, failing that, an insurrection from his supporters.

So biden will win this years election based on brazils election alright

BiON!@ 

Poor Argentinian, It's their time to deal with a crazy far-right president in charge of the country. As a Brazilian, Milei seems crazier than Bolsonaro and more dangerous to the economy of the country, but Bolsonaro to me is still a more evil person, with fascist ideas, ability to destroy families's welfare, mispread hatred and fake news, incite fanaticism religous and attempt to make the country undergo a coup with the help of the armed forces