By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2022 (Sep 05 - Sep 11)

siebensus4 said:
Norion said:

Splatoon 3 boosted hardware more than I expected. With the Switch OLED building an increasingly large lead over the regular model + Lite YTD it's doing a good job enticing people to upgrade to it it seems.

Don't forget the Splatoon 3 OLED model bundle. The regular model and Lite weren't bundled with Splatoon 3.

Oled model isn't bundled either. Its splat3 themed, like the pokemon SV sku will be. Non have the game

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Wyrdness said:

Nintendo's 3.5m figure for Japan means that S3 sold around 1.6m digital. 

And people say Japan isn't going towards digital like the rest of the world.

What I see people saying: Japan is not towards digital NOW, the standard exception is when the physical games run out and people buy digital because they don´t find physical ( 40-50 % at best) and this is the case of Splatoon 3.

Japan is growing in digital because the major forces here pivoting, by brute force, to the digital market. But not dominant, like the ones here try to picture. UK digital is dominant, Japan is not. Retail presence it´s the core of the ecosystem in Japan. The used market is too strong ( it´s losing space, but it´s strong yet). 

tbone51 said:

Oled model isn't bundled either. Its splat3 themed, like the pokemon SV sku will be. Non have the game

Ah, thanks. I somehow mixed that up. My bad :D

Agente42 said:
Farsala said:

And people say Japan isn't going towards digital like the rest of the world.

What I see people saying: Japan is not towards digital NOW, the standard exception is when the physical games run out and people buy digital because they don´t find physical ( 40-50 % at best) and this is the case of Splatoon 3.

Japan is growing in digital because the major forces here pivoting, by brute force, to the digital market. But not dominant, like the ones here try to picture. UK digital is dominant, Japan is not. Retail presence it´s the core of the ecosystem in Japan. The used market is too strong ( it´s losing space, but it´s strong yet). 

Splatoon 3 isn't that supply constrained. It has a high digital share because it's an online multiplayer. These games always have a higher digital share. Otherwise it would be around 30% instead of 40%.

5 years ago games only very rarely had a digital share higher than 20%. Now most have.

DroidKnight said:
Kakadu18 said:

When will it ever stop breaking records?

When if falls off the cliff...duh.

welcome back quickrick

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Seems there’s something to these Hybrid consoles over handheld and home consoles :)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

And here I was surprised when Nintendo thought it was a good idea to put a second Splatoon on Switch, and the third Splatoon in just 7 years, when it obviously wasn't going to be that different from Splatoon 2 (which itself I guess wasn't that different from Splatoon 1 on Wii U).

Lol clearly Nintendo knew what they were doing. Splatoon launching to a 110+ million user base and 25+ million Japan user base was a smart move!

Kakadu18 said:
Agente42 said:

Splatoon 3 isn't that supply constrained. It has a high digital share because it's an online multiplayer. These games always have a higher digital share. Otherwise it would be around 30% instead of 40%.

5 years ago games only very rarely had a digital share higher than 20%. Now most have.

To be fair to Nintendo they probably thought around 1.95 million physical copies in 3 days would be enough for the people that wanted physical. I wonder if there was unlimited supply for physical copies what would the split have been? maybe instead of a 1.95m to 1.5m split it would have been more like 2.5m to 0.95m.

ShadowLink93 said:
Kakadu18 said:

To be fair to Nintendo they probably thought around 1.95 million physical copies in 3 days would be enough for the people that wanted physical. I wonder if there was unlimited supply for physical copies what would the split have been? maybe instead of a 1.95m to 1.5m split it would have been more like 2.5m to 0.95m.

Vouchers are working there? Xenoblade and Splatoon 3 it´s a good catch to voucher both. 

ShadowLink93 said:
Kakadu18 said:

The sell through isn't almost 100% though. It's readily available. Digital is not only that high if supply is tight. Like Agente42 also mentioned vouchers helped too.