By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2022 (Sep 05 - Sep 11)

Wyrdness said:

Nintendo's 3.5m figure for Japan means that S3 sold around 1.6m digital. 

And people say Japan isn't going towards digital like the rest of the world.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Wyrdness said:

Nintendo's 3.5m figure for Japan means that S3 sold around 1.6m digital. 

Maybe Nintendo has only reserved 2M physical copies of Splatoon 3 for Japan and all the stock has been sold. Maybe not everyone who wanted a physical copy has been able to get one. I mean 2M was even more than Animal Crossing.

Switch has a shot of reaching 5 million for three consective years, this has never been done before.

ShadowLink93 said:

Switch has a shot of reaching 5 million for three consective years, this has never been done before.

When will it ever stop breaking records?

Kakadu18 said:
ShadowLink93 said:

When if falls off the cliff...duh.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
ShadowLink93 said:

When it passes the PS2 I guess.

Signature goes here!

siebensus4 said:
Farsala said:

Maybe Nintendo has only reserved 2M physical copies of Splatoon 3 for Japan and all the stock has been sold. Maybe not everyone who wanted a physical copy has been able to get one. I mean 2M was even more than Animal Crossing.

Physical stock is a problem for countless games and will continue to be as game developers/publishers push for more digital sales. And with more digital sales, physical game stores will close, leading to more physical stock issues.

Switch closing in fast on becoming the best selling home console ever in Japan (I am discounting the NSW light)

Splatoon 3 boosted hardware more than I expected. With the Switch OLED building an increasingly large lead over the regular model + Lite YTD it's doing a good job enticing people to upgrade to it it seems.

Norion said:

Splatoon 3 boosted hardware more than I expected. With the Switch OLED building an increasingly large lead over the regular model + Lite YTD it's doing a good job enticing people to upgrade to it it seems.

Don't forget the Splatoon 3 OLED model bundle. The regular model and Lite weren't bundled with Splatoon 3.