By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (BOTW2) releases 12th of May 2023

I think there will be meaningful things to do on the floating islands. I think that you will start on the floating islands after being recovered from the underground segments, and have to get abilities to be able to return to the floating islands, like the time travel ability. I also think the underground will be a home to many of the new dungeons.

But just imagine all the korok seeds (or their equivalent) on all those islands. Maybe even particular resources for various crafted items.

It really is wide open to speculation, which I know bothers many people. But I just love all the possibilities. Breath of the Wild over delivered on my expectations. I doubt this game will, but I can dream.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

I think there will be meaningful things to do on the floating islands. I think that you will start on the floating islands after being recovered from the underground segments, and have to get abilities to be able to return to the floating islands, like the time travel ability. I also think the underground will be a home to many of the new dungeons.

But just imagine all the korok seeds (or their equivalent) on all those islands. Maybe even particular resources for various crafted items.

It really is wide open to speculation, which I know bothers many people. But I just love all the possibilities. Breath of the Wild over delivered on my expectations. I doubt this game will, but I can dream.

Theyve spent 6 years on a game that uses the same engine as BOTW. It will be massive and probably exceed all our expectations.

I think there will be 7 dungeons since in the latest trailer there are 7 tear like objects in the mural surrounding that thing at the start.

Guess i'm getting a Switch in May.

Mystro-Sama said:

Did you play BotW on WiiU or have you played it on Switch?

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Did you play BotW on WiiU or have you played it on Switch?

Played it on Wii U. Dope game.

Most of things I like about original BOTW is how exploration makes you discover new things about the world and how to Inter with it

I've already beaten this game 3 times and have spent over 200 hours on it, so to play the exactly same map is a bit off-putting. The sky session while looking pretty doesn't look nearly as big, open or connected compared to the grounded world, so... yeah I'm not feeling this game will be even remotely closer to impress me compared to BOTW. Being a direct sequel with mostly the same mechanics and map in a open world game isn't really the most exciting of things

I'll certainly be picking up this game around launch. But, I can't say I'm super excited about a game that is reusing a game world created for the Wii u that has been 6 years in development. On the one hand, a long development time, with what should have been a reasonably easy game to make, could mean a ton of content. On the other hand, Nintendo, especially this generation, has clearly paid very close attention to the pacing of their major releases. I think it's reasonable to believe that they've just been stalling on this one so they would have a big game to put out at this point in time. So, I'll believe all this talk of massive content when I see it.

Also, while Nintendo doesn't rely on cutting-edge technology to make impressive games, and I mostly trust them to do a good job, the fact that we're playing in a Wii U world in 2022 is a bit disappointing. The Wii U is, technologically speaking, basically a seventh gen system.

VAMatt said:

Also, while Nintendo doesn't rely on cutting-edge technology to make impressive games, and I mostly trust them to do a good job, the fact that we're playing in a Wii U world in 2022 is a bit disappointing. The Wii U is, technologically speaking, basically a seventh gen system.

The world may not be the same as it was on the Wii U, they may have updated it to take advantage of, for instance, the much larger memory available on Switch. Wii U may be 7th gen in power, but the Switch isn't.