By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo direct 13th September 7am PT, 10am ET, 3pm GMT.

What series do you want to see the most? (that realistically could happen).

Zelda- BOTW 2 trailer + WW & TP remasters 18 42.86%

Metroid - MP remaster + MP4 trailer 8 19.05%

Fire Emblem - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Donkey Kong - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Other series 4 9.52%

Total:42
Darwinianevolution said:

-DLC for Xenoblade 3 when it's just been a couple of months since its launch.

The DLC and it's release pattern with several waves was announced in the XC3 Direct before the game released. Obviously they're going to give this game more attention here. The main event of the DLC, the new campaign like Torna is coming in like a year from now.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

After a while thinking about it, I'm rather cold about this Direct:
-A new FE that looks like it's going to depend too much on nostalgia instead of being its own thing.
-A dozen farming sims.
-N64 games that should have been there for ages now.
-Fist of the Teasing Star. That got a chuckle out of me, not gonna lie. But it should be DLC for Fitness Boxing, not its own thing.
-Switch Sports still promising stuff that should've been there at launch (where's boxing???)

The only major games shown were Zelda ToK, Kirby and Fire Emblem. And most of them are left for 2023. What do we have to look forward to for the rest of this year?

Pokemon, Bayonetta, Mario + Rabbits, Sonic Frontiers, Harvestella, Nier, Persona, etc. Most of them were announced months ago though 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Darwinianevolution said:

-A new FE that looks like it's going to depend too much on nostalgia instead of being its own thing.
-A dozen farming sims.
-Fist of the Teasing Star. That got a chuckle out of me, not gonna lie. But it should be DLC for Fitness Boxing, not its own thing.
-Switch Sports still promising stuff that should've been there at launch (where's boxing???)

The only major games shown were Zelda ToK, Kirby and Fire Emblem. And most of them are left for 2023. What do we have to look forward to for the rest of this year?

Pokemon, Bayonetta, Mario + Rabbits, Sonic Frontiers, Harvestella, Nier, Persona, etc. Most of them were announced months ago though 

Tactics Ogre Reborn for me as well, though I appreciate that it's not to everyone's taste.

Kakadu18 said:
Shikamo said:

They showed on Japanese Direct

All of them? Overwatch 2 and Sonic Frontiers in the Japanese direct but not the western one is very weird.

Yeap, its very strange but they showed

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Darwinianevolution said:

-A dozen farming sims.

There's already been more exclusives released on the Switch this year than either the PS5 or Xbox Series and the Switch has more exclusives coming in the next few months than both as well.  Although the biggest game coming out the rest of the year for me is on Playstation in God of War.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Personally I was blown away... Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem and Tales Remake. I didn't expect any of that. Front Mission, Octo 2, Tunic are all nice adds too.

You did see the character models of the Symphonia remaster, right? They are damn awful.

A full blown remaster like Vesperia would have been welcomed, but it's still one of my favorite games of all time.  If we ever get Skies of Arcadia remaster I'll take it with these graphics. 

SegaHeart said:

Nintendo forced me to get Switch online plus, Microsoft got the short end without online Nintendo wouldn't budge because they wanted goldeneye on Nintendo to be the best version. Goldeneye fans will flock to Switch knowing that all the time waiting for Xbox version has no online and that Switch version is the definite version. Who's getting Switch Online Plus?

Seems weird after all MS has done for Nintendo. How about giving a little as well Nintendo?

KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

-A dozen farming sims.

Well theres Bayonetta 3, Mario+Rabbids and Pokemon at least.

Don't remind me about Pokémon, I'm still waiting for the "we brought them all this time" announcement. Without it, it's like it doesn't exist.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I didn't enjoy this one as much as most of the directs in the past few years but there was still neat stuff. Rain Code looks right up my alley so that was the highlight for me. The first half of 2023 is now pretty set for the Switch and the 2nd half has Pikmin 4 so far so I wonder what the big game for the 2nd half will be.

I thrilled about the Switch lineup. I literally have no idea how I am going to play Mario Rabbids 2, Bayo 3, Front Mission Remake (3), Fire Emblem, BotW 2, Pikmin 4, etc. Tons of great stuff coming. Tunic. Octo 2.