By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo direct 13th September 7am PT, 10am ET, 3pm GMT.

What series do you want to see the most? (that realistically could happen).

Zelda- BOTW 2 trailer + WW & TP remasters 18 42.86%

Metroid - MP remaster + MP4 trailer 8 19.05%

Fire Emblem - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Donkey Kong - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Other series 4 9.52%

Total:42
Chrkeller said:
KLXVER said:

Maybe because people keep complaining about too many ports?

People complain, but sales paints a different story.  

True, but I think Nintendo is aware. Maybe thats why they didnt announce them in this Direct.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gtotheunit91 said:

With the Breath of the Wild sequel's title being Tears of the Kingdom, it all of a sudden made sense why Nintendo did not livestream this event in the UK

Yup, I thought this was another incredible dumb decision by Nintendo, but with that subtitle it makes sense to make the Direct a bit more low-key in the UK.

But the delay of Advance Wars still waits for its justification to this day. There's always war somewhere in this world, so making a sudden exception because of Ukraine never sat well with me. Nevermind that Advance Wars does not use realistic graphics nor is it based on any real world scenarios, so who in their right mind would have had an issue with its original release date?

Ironically, Triangle Strategy did not get delayed despite its story of a war-hungry country setting up fishy reasoning to invade another country while the player takes on the roles of the portion of the invaded country that features a flag with the colors blue and yellow.

Nintendo still doesn't want to provide any additional information other than "it's delayed"

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

I'm not really into Pikmin myself but I think you're laying it on a bit to thick there.

You have to remember that Nintendo is so fanboyish over Pikmin that in this Direct they spent more than one minute on explaining the mobile game Pikmin Bloom. How many of their other mobile games did get so much time in a Direct? Honest question.

Miyamoto specifically. He is particularly fond of Pikmin and won't let it die before he's dead. I expect Pikmin 4 to grow in sales from Pikmin 3 Deluxe and reach 3mil. Every game that makes profit and diversifies the line up is worth it.

The absence of a potential WWHD and TPHD port, or a Metroid Prime Trilogy port for that matter, were not surprising if you asked me.

gtotheunit91 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yup, I thought this was another incredible dumb decision by Nintendo, but with that subtitle it makes sense to make the Direct a bit more low-key in the UK.

But the delay of Advance Wars still waits for its justification to this day. There's always war somewhere in this world, so making a sudden exception because of Ukraine never sat well with me. Nevermind that Advance Wars does not use realistic graphics nor is it based on any real world scenarios, so who in their right mind would have had an issue with its original release date?

Ironically, Triangle Strategy did not get delayed despite its story of a war-hungry country setting up fishy reasoning to invade another country while the player takes on the roles of the portion of the invaded country that features a flag with the colors blue and yellow.

Nintendo still doesn't want to provide any additional information other than "it's delayed"

They wouldn't cancel a finished game.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Earthbound Beginnings and Star Fox 2 says you're wrong

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Earthbound Beginnings and Star Fox 2 says you're wrong

I thought they only finished Star Fox 2 recently when they wanted to bring it to NSO.

Either way those are very old examples. That was a long time ago.

I was browsing on Fire Emblem subreddit and reception to character design is very negative (not mixed, neither polarized but actually negative)

I'm inclined to agree with them. The character look far too much anime-ish. Female characters seemed to be all created with a Waifu-generator. There is a lot of weebs-pandering with this game, I hope it's not too jarring to a point that make me distracted from the game. 

I do feel a bit monkey pawed; the thing I wanted most was a new Fire Emblem game but I really wasn't impressed with what they showed. At least my expectations are set low, so it leaves room to be pleasantly surprised after actually playing it.

I do think RPG fans at least should be happy with the lineup. I enjoy them as well but it is often to much of a commitment for me to even start them. Octopath traveler has always looked like a game I would enjoy, but since I have not played it it is hard to get hyped for it.

I'm glad It takes two is coming to the switch as well. That game is fantastic to play with your significant other even if they are not big on gaming. But it did look rugged compared to the version I played on Playstation.

After some thought I give this Direct a pass from my initial feeling of it as a total downer.