By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo direct 13th September 7am PT, 10am ET, 3pm GMT.

What series do you want to see the most? (that realistically could happen).

Zelda- BOTW 2 trailer + WW & TP remasters 18 42.86%

Metroid - MP remaster + MP4 trailer 8 19.05%

Fire Emblem - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Donkey Kong - New game reveal 6 14.29%

Other series 4 9.52%

Total:42
Shikamo said:

Correctly Preditions:

Shikamo said:

My bets:

New Fire emblem that was leaked with images before

Zelda WW and TP HD

Metroid Prime 1 HD (will be followed by 2 and 3 but will launch per game like dmc trilogy hd)

Mario Kart 8 deluxe new tracks

Bayonetta 2 new trailer (i typed wrong)

Harvestella New Trailer

Dragon Quest treasures new trailer (japanese direct)

Release Date for Advanced Wars 1+2: Boot Camp

Mario + Rabbits, Persona 5 Royal, Nier Automata, Sonic Frontiers, Overwatch 2, Return to Monkey Island and No Man's Sky fast advertises

Maybe:

New DK

Kid Icarus Uprising HD

BOTW 2 trailer 

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC

Skyrim: Anniversary Edition 

It Takes Two

Some Random Anime AYAYA announcement (port or a new game). Well, they announced a LOT 

They didn't show P5R, Nier Automata, Sonic and Overwatch 2 though.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

Do you hate Pikmin that much?

Yes, I do. It will likely turn out that an EPD department is working on it, so Nintendo is wasting top resources on a series where the best-selling title has achieved just a bit over two million. Just about everything else, they outsource to another developer, including IPs that sell much better than Pikmin. Worse, Pikmin 4 now got positioned as the big new announcement of a 2023 Nintendo game. Nintendo should have had at least something else in addition to it, because this announcement doesn't put the outlook for 2023 anywhere close to on the same level as what we knew about 2022 a year ago.

Business aside, the Pikmin formula has grown stale. Light strategy combined with environment puzzles doesn't bring anything exciting to the table after three games and the sneak peek we got at Pikmin 4 reinforces what was clear all along: This is a redundant game in the making.

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

Do you hate Pikmin that much?

Yes, I do. It will likely turn out that an EPD department is working on it, so Nintendo is wasting top resources on a series where the best-selling title has achieved just a bit over two million. Just about everything else, they outsource to another developer, including IPs that sell much better than Pikmin. Worse, Pikmin 4 now got positioned as the big new announcement of a 2023 Nintendo game. Nintendo should have had at least something else in addition to it, because this announcement doesn't put the outlook for 2023 anywhere close to on the same level as what we knew about 2022 a year ago.

Business aside, the Pikmin formula has grown stale. Light strategy combined with environment puzzles doesn't bring anything exciting to the table after three games and the sneak peek we got at Pikmin 4 reinforces what was clear all along: This is a redundant game in the making.

I'm not really into Pikmin myself but I think you're laying it on a bit to thick there.

Kakadu18 said:
Shikamo said:

Correctly Preditions:

They showed on Japanese Direct

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
andisart said:

For my personal taste it had way too much japanese style stuff (doesnt attract me at all), the only interesting bits for me are Pikmin 4 and Zelda name reveal. Otherwise not very interesting

Well makes sense with the Tokyo game show=p

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
RolStoppable said:

You did see the character models of the Symphonia remaster, right? They are damn awful.

They're the same models as the original after all. This seems to be a port of the PS3 remaster, which just upscaled textures and made it 1080p.

So yea it's outdated visually for sure, but still one of the greatest JRPGs of all time.

I hope they get it running at 60FPS as the Gamecube version did.

2D Mario is redundant since the 90s and people still want them

Let Pikman fans be happy

Shikamo said:
Kakadu18 said:

They showed on Japanese Direct

All of them? Overwatch 2 and Sonic Frontiers in the Japanese direct but not the western one is very weird.

After a while thinking about it, I'm rather cold about this Direct:
-A new FE that looks like it's going to depend too much on nostalgia instead of being its own thing.
-DLC for Xenoblade 3 when it's just been a couple of months since its launch.
-A dozen farming sims.
-N64 games that should have been there for ages now.
-Fist of the Teasing Star. That got a chuckle out of me, not gonna lie. But it should be DLC for Fitness Boxing, not its own thing.
-Switch Sports still promising stuff that should've been there at launch (where's boxing???)

The only major games shown were Zelda ToK, Kirby and Fire Emblem. And most of them are left for 2023. What do we have to look forward to for the rest of this year?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

After a while thinking about it, I'm rather cold about this Direct:
-A new FE that looks like it's going to depend too much on nostalgia instead of being its own thing.
-DLC for Xenoblade 3 when it's just been a couple of months since its launch.
-A dozen farming sims.
-N64 games that should have been there for ages now.
-Fist of the Teasing Star. That got a chuckle out of me, not gonna lie. But it should be DLC for Fitness Boxing, not its own thing.
-Switch Sports still promising stuff that should've been there at launch (where's boxing???)

The only major games shown were Zelda ToK, Kirby and Fire Emblem. And most of them are left for 2023. What do we have to look forward to for the rest of this year?

Well theres Bayonetta 3, Mario+Rabbids and Pokemon at least.