Xbox One 0 0%

PS3 27 19.29%

Megadrive/Genesis 5 3.57%

Dreamcast 12 8.57%

Other 3 2.14%

Total:140
IcaroRibeiro said:
Norion said:

Being born that early probably helps you be objective with the two since childhood nostalgia won't be a factor. And man being able to go from the Atari 2600 to now is quite the journey. 

I mean, he is a 122 year old male gamer

Hey, nothing will ever beat the pleasures of a mechanical bagatelle. You young 'uns and your fancy new-fangled games on your televisions and your telephones. Now get off my lawn, you lousy kids. Matlock is coming on. Those are my favorite stories to watch on the television.

Around the Network

None of these, Atari Jaguar was easily the most underrated console of it's time.

At the last dozen or so posts;

I took this thread question as relative to a gen’s winner; so which non-winner was best relative to it’s winner. That means that more people found GameCube better than PS2 than people found N64 better than PS1. This wouldn’t say anything about whether or not they’d find GameCube better than N64, because they can think that PS1 is better than PS2.

But curl is the thread started so maybe his idea with this question was a little more absolute after all, in which case I’d say yeah N64 no contest.

Angelv577 said:

umm I am surprised gamecube is higher than N64. for me N64 had the better games. mario 64 and mario kart 64>> mario sunshine and mario kart double dash.

For a while now, I have had a feeling that things like this are just due to the passage of time.  I feel like we are seeing less and less people on forums who grew up during the NES, SNES, or N64 era, and more people who grew up with the GameCube and PS2 or newer consoles.  I feel like Wind Waker has grown in popularity recently for the same reason.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

curl-6 said:
theRepublic said:

Bash on the Wii library all you want, but I will say this:

I own more Wii games than I do for any other console.  I'm talking every generation.  The Wii library has a surprising number of gems.  If the used market ever gets back to normal, pre-pandemic prices, I am probably going to pick up even more games for it.

Same here; I own over 40 games for Wii, it had so many lesser known bangers if you ventured off the beaten path.

It may not have had many AAA blockbusters but it had a ton of excellent AA/lower budget titles that I frankly found just as much fun. They didn't get a lot of advertising and so are mostly not well known outside of enthusiast circles, but they're there, and in combination with Nintendo's superb first party offerings like Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Xenoblade, it adds up to an awesome library.

By my count, I have 50 physical games, 13 WiiWare games, and 3 digital games on Wii U that were originally physical Wii games.  Also had a couple of Virtual Console games, but we don't need to count those since they were not originally Wii games.  So that is 66 total.  And like I said, I don't feel like I am done collecting games yet.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

The Dreamcast currently has more than twice the votes of the Genesis. I very much believe that polls like this suffer from recency bias.

theRepublic said:
curl-6 said:

Same here; I own over 40 games for Wii, it had so many lesser known bangers if you ventured off the beaten path.

It may not have had many AAA blockbusters but it had a ton of excellent AA/lower budget titles that I frankly found just as much fun. They didn't get a lot of advertising and so are mostly not well known outside of enthusiast circles, but they're there, and in combination with Nintendo's superb first party offerings like Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Xenoblade, it adds up to an awesome library.

By my count, I have 50 physical games, 13 WiiWare games, and 3 digital games on Wii U that were originally physical Wii games.  Also had a couple of Virtual Console games, but we don't need to count those since they were not originally Wii games.  So that is 66 total.  And like I said, I don't feel like I am done collecting games yet.

Yeah I thought I was done collecting Wii games, but then just last month I added Ghost Squad to my collection. 

I feel like the Switch will overtake it eventually, but to date I own more games for Wii than any other console. (Though 360 comes very close)

I genuinely feel like the Wii is one of the most underrated consoles ever in terms of how much hate it gets yet how much it offers.

curl-6 said:
theRepublic said:

Yeah I thought I was done collecting Wii games, but then just last month I added Ghost Squad to my collection. 

I feel like the Switch will overtake it eventually, but to date I own more games for Wii than any other console. (Though 360 comes very close)

I genuinely feel like the Wii is one of the most underrated consoles ever in terms of how much hate it gets yet how much it offers.

Wii is one of my favorite consoles. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic, Wii Sports, Kirby, Muramasa... Some of the best games I ever played.

However, the 360 and the PS3 have incredible libraries, that's why I think one of them is the best console that didn't win its generations.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

Wii is one of my favorite consoles. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic, Wii Sports, Kirby, Muramasa... Some of the best games I ever played.

However, the 360 and the PS3 have incredible libraries, that's why I think one of them is the best console that didn't win its generations.

Yeah while the 360 is my #1 non-winning console, PS3 is a great console too.

I have troubling picking between PS3 and N64 for my #2. The PS3 easily has more good games, but the very best of the N64 were truly legendary, and I find it hard to side against the likes of Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, or Mario 64.