Xbox 360 26 18.57%

Xbox One 0 0%

PS3 27 19.29%

Megadrive/Genesis 5 3.57%

Dreamcast 12 8.57%

Other 3 2.14%

Total:140
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm a little obsessed with Dreamcast cause it had some enhanced games like Soul Reaver and ported from arcade cabinets territory and PC territory as well.

Funny thing is the Dreamcast is still getting games unofficially in modern days, they're mostly indies and fan-made games though but interesting.

"Mostly"? 

Around the Network

I voted Gamecube, although the PS2 was certainly very close 2nd for me that generation. That generation had to be one of the best generations, the Gamecube and PS2 were excellent despite poor sales for the Gamecube, Xbox introduced us to the Halo phenomenon and even the Dreamcast burned bright in it's short period of time. I didn't have the PS1 so while the N64 was my favorite system at that time, I'm not going to vote for it since it was missing my favorite genre rpg's which the ps1 had an incredible amount of.

My pick would be the PS3. The games library is one of the best among consoles. You had Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet, Resistance, God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, infamous, Warhawk, Gran Turismo etc as well as plenty of third party games.

I honestly think if it had a better launch price it would have won the generation.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 07 September 2022

N64 for me. Super Mario 64 set the standard for 3D platformers. Ocarina of Time set the standard for action-adventure games and is one of the greatest games of all time. Majora's Mask gave us even more Zelda greatness on the same console. GoldenEye 007 set the standard for console FPS multiplayer games. Perfect Dark came along and improved on the multiplayer. Super Smash Bros changed the fighting game genre. You also have a couple of great racers in Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing. I can't think of another console in any generation that had so many genre-defining, influential hits. Yeah, the N64 didn't have a huge library, but the top end games of this console stand up to anything you want to compare it to.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

VAMatt said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I'm a little obsessed with Dreamcast cause it had some enhanced games like Soul Reaver and ported from arcade cabinets territory and PC territory as well.

Funny thing is the Dreamcast is still getting games unofficially in modern days, they're mostly indies and fan-made games though but interesting.

"Mostly"? 

And what do you think? lmao

Around the Network

Gamecube for me. I remember being blown away by the resident evil remake, plus it had the better version of RE4. Metal gear twin snakes was also a highlight and the first party stuff speaks for itself.....and it had the awesome Wave race blue storm.

Simply put, the ZX Spectrum

definitely ps3 for me. it took out the best of sony in a time of desperation. the ps3 is the only console I cant get rid of due to no BC on ps5.

Probably the GameCube.

So many hours playing Smash, Double Dash, Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and the other high-quality titles on the GameCube.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

For me, the honour has to go to the Xbox 360.

Its library was stacked with so many terrific games; Gears of War 1-3 and Judgment, Halo 3/4/Reach, the Bioshock trilogy, Mass Effect Trilogy, Witcher 2, Dead Space, Bayonetta, Vanquish, COD Modern Warfare/World at War/etc, Wolfenstein The New Order, it was a smorgasbord of awesome.

Throw in the most comfortable and ergonomic dual analog type controller, and it's my #3 top system of all time.

The Wii definitely deserved to win that generation, but the 360 was a very worthy contender.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 September 2022