By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2022 (Jun 27 - Jul 03)

Agente42 said:
Jules98 said:

Seriously, what's the deal with Gran Turismo 7? It's been bouncing all over the top 30 as of late.

heavily bundled.

There isn't any Gran Turismo 7 PS5 bundles currently in Japan.

Around the Network
deerox said:
Agente42 said:

heavily bundled.

the problem: one example and your premises go bananas. 

Agente42 said:
deerox said:

Where is that from?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's from Nojima: https://online.nojima.co.jp/commodity/1/2810000092664/

Last edited by deerox - on 07 July 2022

Agente42 said:
deerox said:

Is that an official Sony bundle? If retailers are doing that is a different story.

Also heavily bundled, this weeks sales should be significantly higher (like 13-14k), e.g. if 24k consoles sold on the week and GT7 sold 7k (1k for regular sales)  then that's 3 in 10 consoles bundled, doesn't see that heavy.

wow... Series X alone sold more than X|S combined from the previous week.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:

It seems like every metric for Monster Hunter Rise vs World is down outside Rise > World sales in Japan.

10 million for MHW in 8 months (no expansion, limited XBO sales and first week PC)
10 million for MHR in 15/16 months (with an expansion release, strong base PC and Switch)
Lower west engagement (MHW ex Japan > MHR ex Japan)
Lower PC engagement (Lower Steam peaks for MHR)
Lower DLC engagement so far (2.5 million for a muted xbox one and PS4 release vs 2 million for PC and Switch)

The only limit on the Xbox version was the lack of Japanese release so it is still on two platforms just fine in those 8 months where as Rise was only on one platform for 9 months and hit 8m.

World would have higher engagement its on three platforms and been out longer as for the DLC it also came further down the line as well as Sunbreak comes 6 months into the PC version and 15 months into the Switch version. Iceborne came 20 months into the Xbox and PS4 versions so had a bigger user base on those two platforms. 

kenjab said:
ShadowLink93 said:

I know, during the Xbox one era Xbox was consistently selling less than 100 per week and now it's not unexpected when it sells 5K and has eclipsed 10K on a few occasions, it's more than surprising it is outright weird.

Yes, I've been wondering this as well.  While I love my Series X, to this point it's still nothing more than a souped-up XBox One since there are hardly any exclusive games for it so far.  I really don't understand how the Series is so much more popular in Japan when it really doesn't do anything more than the XBox One, which barely sold anything there, and it doesn't have any big Japanese games like the 360 had.

Game Pass has been around since 2020 in Japan, maybe it's just been a slow adoption of that? But even then, what games on Game Pass are hitting for Japanese gamers? Minecraft and Human Fall Flat are popular in Japan, but it's gotta be more than that I think....

Xbox One was a massive slap in the face to all gamers when it launched, and an even bigger slap in the face for Japanese gamers, momentum was killed off before it even started. I am surprised people don't remember just how bad of a console Xbox One was.

Xbox into Xbox 360 had decent growth, so naturally the next console should be expected to do similar or even show growth. So for me Xbox Series sales aren't too surprising and is more of a back to normal situation.

Blood_Tears said:

I wonder how many of the PS5/Series S/X units are being sent to China.

Also begs the question of how many Switch have been sent to China over the years?

Train wreck said:
Agente42 said:

Is that an official Sony bundle? If retailers are doing that is a different story.

Also heavily bundled, this weeks sales should be significantly higher (like 13-14k), e.g. if 24k consoles sold on the week and GT7 sold 7k (1k for regular sales)  then that's 3 in 10 consoles bundled, doesn't see that heavy.

Retailers are forcing it. It looks like you can choose a controller or gt7 for the bundle but I'm not sure. In Australia it's been like that since last year

Train wreck said:
Agente42 said:

It´s the retailer. The measure seems to restrain scalpers' overseas sales. 

1/3 of PS5 have GT5, others have controllers and some have Horizon too. 

Xbox Series still with impressive numbers.

Overall a very nice week.