By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 25, 2022 (Jun 13 - Jun 19)

Kyuu said:

I'll never understand Sony's treatment of Japan. Redirecting some extra 5-10K PS5's from NA and EU (each) to Japan wouldn't affect PS5's momentum or image or what-have-you in NA or EU, but it would make a very significant proportional difference in Japanese sales. Imports from China would also help making the demand look higher than it is, they'd still be selling every unit as soon as it lands.

If I were Japanese, I'd hate Sony's guts.

It’s called exchange rates. 

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Rising in anticipating of Sunbreak.

The Switch software ecosystem overall is nice and healthy and pretty much single-handed carrying traditional gaming in Japan.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

curl-6 said:

Demon Slayer on Switch looks set to become the highest selling version. What they were smoking when they decided not to release it on Switch from the beginning is anyone's guess.

Let me have a look...

"Publisher: SEGA"

Okay makes sense 

theDX said:

What a struggle to edit the OP. The editor will detect the genres as HTML tags every time which makes them invisible when I hit save

Yeah, the editor here is a pain to deal with formatting in general.  That's why I post the hardware numbers as a JPG of the chart instead of trying to copy/paste the chart here.

Also, thanks for taking the Famitsu numbers last week. I'm back now and can continue posting them again this week.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

What is going on with BD/SP, did it hit the bargain bins or something?

Also Taiko Drum 'n' Fun is a hell of a sleeper, still charting nearly 4 years after its release, even holding its down against Nintendo's own evergreens in terms of legs.

theDX said:

So as this thread is dying off before a new thread courtesy of kenjab appears...

This was my first Famitsu sales thread ever on any forum

I randomly took the plunge on Wednesday and spent the evening getting things ready. Copying data was never an option because my vision for VGC is to be a self-sustaining sales forum not dependent on others for numbers. Besides transforming the Japanese article into the translated format you all know and love, I also "designed" the OP with an aesthetic inspired by 2007/2008 sales threads on NeoGAF (when I got into sales).

This thread was posted 1 minute after Famitsu updated their site, beating IB (and everyone else) to the punch. VGC numbah one .

Congrats! OP does look nice.

theDX said:

So as this thread is dying off before a new thread courtesy of kenjab appears...

I randomly took the plunge on Wednesday and spent the evening getting things ready. Copying data was never an option because my vision for VGC is to be a self-sustaining sales forum not dependent on others for numbers. Besides transforming the Japanese article into the translated format you all know and love, I also "designed" the OP with an aesthetic inspired by 2007/2008 sales threads on NeoGAF (when I got into sales).

This thread was posted 1 minute after Famitsu updated their site, beating IB (and everyone else) to the punch. VGC numbah one .

You did great filling in. Hope you get a chance to do it again.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

theDX said:

You did good, I liked the OP. And getting and formatting the data can be a pain, so I appreciate the work.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]