By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 25, 2022 (Jun 13 - Jun 19)

Sony needs to consider a ps5 lite. I know people are saying this would be a challenge, but they need to get some hardware on the shelves.

Around the Network

Such a low week ... Despite that. It's prolly one of the best week 25 performance for the Switch Pre/Post pandemic so it isn't bad.

The low software sales are more sad in my heart.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I wonder what kind of conversations they are having at PlayStation HQ in Japan. How do they react to such numbers? They can't be satisfied with these hardware and software sales even if the system is constantly sold out. Do they get feedback from their retail partners? Wouldn't they like to improve their sale performance? There is so much potential in the Japanese market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Chrkeller said:

Sony needs to consider a ps5 lite. I know people are saying this would be a challenge, but they need to get some hardware on the shelves.

It’s too late for them to do this now I think, unfortunately. Developers do not have the time or resources to go back and make downscaled versions of their games for a lower power PS5, even if they matched the Series S spec for spec the porting job would be a huge chore 

aTokenYeti said:
Chrkeller said:

It’s too late for them to do this now I think, unfortunately. Developers do not have the time or resources to go back and make downscaled versions of their games for a lower power PS5, even if they matched the Series S spec for spec the porting job would be a huge chore 

Could be true, I have no idea, given tech isn't my thing.  I was thinking, which could be widely inaccurate, they downgrade the resolution and fps with a ps5 light and games would scale.  But it probably isn't that easy.  

Either way, if stock is going to hurt Sony if it doesn't change soon. 

Around the Network

WTF how is BDSP still selling, you can even buy that game for 500 yen (used)

Curious to why disgaea 6 on switch didn't get a complete edition in Japan alongside the ps4 version
The standard edition released day and date with the switch version over there if I remember.

I know the game is coming west on playstation for the first time so they are trying to sweeten the deal but I still wonder why the switch isn't getting it as well

Xbox outselling PS in Japan? Never thought I will survive to see this, and now I've seen it twice...

Damn, it is very dark the Japan situation for Sony

*Xbox Series S: 3,423 (130,076)

*Xbox Series (All): 6,695 (239,059)

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

It looks like Sony is more interested in pushing systems to EU and NA than JP. And for good reason, those territories have a greater potential to sell to where as JP is locked up in Nintendo's pocket. They will still sell there but they cant ignore the two biggest regions for gaming right now. If they do then XB would gain traction (like it is doing in NA). So... XB is gaining slow traction in JP as a result.