By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Climb, PS5 Sales Drop Below 100K - Global Hardware May 8-14

trunkswd said:
DroidKnight said:

From the article of the same name.  The gentleman ask for someone to take a bet and I decide why not.  Did I misinterpret something?

Not that I can see. Some people can be a bit trigger happy when it comes to upvoting and downvoting comment.

what's that with the voting you say ? droid knight you have new bet challenge in the comment. go see it.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
DroidKnight said:

From the article of the same name.  The gentleman ask for someone to take a bet and I decide why not.  Did I misinterpret something?

Trust me dude im still waiting for this so called new system to come into place with the voting after my thread made such a big deal about it. Yep.. Still waiting... And waiting etc etc.

There is a long list of things that are being worked on by Bandorr who has graciously volunteered to help with the code and behind the scenes work. We are aware of the voting system and how it can be abused.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I don't get why you screenshot my comment ? I am up for a bet yes? 50k for XB1 and 600k for PS4, despite no one in the expectations about the year thread gave their predictions for those systems ..

Last edited by yo33331 - on 23 May 2022

trunkswd said:

There is a long list of things that are being worked on by Bandorr who has graciously volunteered to help with the code and behind the scenes work. We are aware of the voting system and how it can be abused.

I don't mind the hate, I just thought I had misread something.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:
zero129 said:

Trust me dude im still waiting for this so called new system to come into place with the voting after my thread made such a big deal about it. Yep.. Still waiting... And waiting etc etc.

Yet this is going on for such a long time. My thread was made like 6 months ago ~(I think if not more). How long does it take to add a name to the downvotes or remove them, or make it where they can only use so many etc. (cant really remember what the outcome was). And worse thing is as soon as someone brings it up the votes go back up to make it look like its not a problem.

I know things can take time but the biggest promblem i see with this site atm is the front page and the voting system as thats the first thing people are going to see before they come to the forums.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

I don't mind the hate, I just thought I had misread something.

pardon me. I didn't get your 3 weeks avy control thing ..

yo33331 said:

I don't get why you screenshot my comment ? I am up for a bet yes? 50k for XB1 and 600k for PS4, besides no one in the expectations about the year gave their predictions for those systems ..

The PS4 to me after running the numbers looks like it has a chance to clear 600,000.  Especially with the holiday boost and it still being in production.  The XB1 bet I'm down for.  As far as the screen shot, I thought I had misread or misunderstood something from the thumbs down.  But I'm up to the Xbox One bet for sure.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

yo33331 said:

pardon me. I didn't get your 3 weeks avy control thing ..

The ante?

Edit:  You win, you decide what my avatar is going to be for a 3 week span.  I'll make it anything you want as long as it's not vulgar, religious, or political.  And the opposite if I were to be the victor.

zero129 said:
trunkswd said:

Yet this is going on for such a long time. My thread was made like 6 months ago ~(I think if not more). How long does it take to add a name to the downvotes or remove them, or make it where they can only use so many etc. (cant really remember what the outcome was). And worse thing is as soon as someone brings it up the votes go back up to make it look like its not a problem.

I know things can take time but the biggest promblem i see with this site atm is the front page and the voting system as thats the first thing people are going to see before they come to the forums.

Bandorr only joined us within the last month to work on stuff and he been busy with other things. The list of fixes and changes is over 50 long. He is volunteering, so can only put so much time into things. We don't have the money to hire a full time coder.

When it comes to the front page. What changes would you want to see?

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

DroidKnight said:

The PS4 to me after running the numbers looks like it has a chance to clear 600,000.  Especially with the holiday boost and it still being in production.  The XB1 bet I'm down for.  As far as the screen shot, I thought I had misread or misunderstood something from the thumbs down.  But I'm up to the Xbox One bet for sure.

The thumbs are up now however, even without mine you had minus 2 .. so I don't know..

I can make another bet too. XB1 will be adjusted little bit up, such as many other adjustments happening in the last 1-2 years. very often on pretty much every system ..

even 360 and PS3 just few days ago .. their dying years were adjusted .. and not slightly (of course I am just saying, this is positive for me, there is movement, it's better than nothing) And this is what ? close to 10 years later

Also aside from this, many systems in their last or next to last year have been selling just like XB1 now, under 1k units for quite some time. So there is good chance XB1 won't be just put to N/A globally before the end of the year or even maybe some months into the next. Therefore I think there is a good chance it can reach 50K .. maybe some slight adjustment later in the year can help too.

Also don't be so sure for the PS4.. the last few weeks it has slowed down a much, 6 weeks, 1k down a week, from 17k to 11k this week.. if it continue this way it will have different time reaching 600k. However I personally doubt it will slow down more than 10k weekly for the remaining of the year (maybe some 8-9k weeks here and there, but most of them will be at least 10k)

Last edited by yo33331 - on 23 May 2022