By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Climb, PS5 Sales Drop Below 100K - Global Hardware May 8-14

Rab said:
Kakadu18 said:

The extreme drop in PS5 sales in Japan was a good indicator of low stock.

I'm now starting to look as japan software sales to get a better picture, and it still doesn't look good at all for the PlayStation, something is badly wrong  

Yup, really starting to wonder if those yield issues reported by several outlets before launch has some truth to it.

Around the Network

From the article of the same name.  The gentleman ask for someone to take a bet and I decide why not.  Did I misinterpret something?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:

There is a long list of things that are being worked on by Bandorr who has graciously volunteered to help with the code and behind the scenes work. We are aware of the voting system and how it can be abused.

I don't mind the hate, I just thought I had misread something.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

yo33331 said:

I don't get why you screenshot my comment ? I am up for a bet yes? 50k for XB1 and 600k for PS4, besides no one in the expectations about the year gave their predictions for those systems ..

The PS4 to me after running the numbers looks like it has a chance to clear 600,000.  Especially with the holiday boost and it still being in production.  The XB1 bet I'm down for.  As far as the screen shot, I thought I had misread or misunderstood something from the thumbs down.  But I'm up to the Xbox One bet for sure.

yo33331 said:

pardon me. I didn't get your 3 weeks avy control thing ..

The ante?

Edit:  You win, you decide what my avatar is going to be for a 3 week span.  I'll make it anything you want as long as it's not vulgar, religious, or political.  And the opposite if I were to be the victor.

Around the Network

I feel like the subject of article votes should be its own thread, we're drifting off topic here.

Rab said:
Kakadu18 said:

The extreme drop in PS5 sales in Japan was a good indicator of low stock.

I'm now starting to look as japan software sales to get a better picture, and it still doesn't look good at all for the PlayStation, something is badly wrong  

So it went from Globally in the US to Globally in Japan?

When did that happen?

Is it just me or is it the first week when XB has outsold PS in Japan?

Kristof81 said:

Is it just me or is it the first week when XB has outsold PS in Japan?

The Xbox 360 did it a few times.

IIRC the Xbox One launched a year later than the PS4 in Japan, and that one week of its launch week it outsold the PS4, then sales immediately fell off. I think that was the last time Xbox outsold PS in Japan for a week.

Demand for Xbox in Japan remains low (quite low, if we are being honest) but it is much healthier than the demand for the Xbox One was. I think the Xbox series consoles will pass the original Xbox in lifetime sales in Japan, and I don’t think 1,000,000 lifetime in Japan is off the table for the Series X|S, if Microsoft really tries. The Series S could fill a niche for a tiny, inexpensive western AAA and indie game playing box that I think could make sense for some people in a market like Japan