By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Climb, PS5 Sales Drop Below 100K - Global Hardware May 8-14

Nice little bump for Switch which comes primarily from Asia.

XS manages to stay ahead of PS5 YTD still.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 May 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Xbox is outselling PS5 2:1 in the Americas this week. I know they are both in short supply, but that seems like a normal ratio to me. These early adopters will influence what system their friends will buy. On top of that XBox really is a stronger brand in the US. It's XBox > Nintendo > Playstation for how Americans consider these brands. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see XBox finish 2:1 ahead of PS5 in the Americas this generation.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Xbox is outselling PS5 2:1 in the Americas this week. I know they are both in short supply, but that seems like a normal ratio to me. These early adopters will influence what system their friends will buy. On top of that XBox really is a stronger brand in the US. It's XBox > Nintendo > Playstation for how Americans consider these brands. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see XBox finish 2:1 ahead of PS5 in the Americas this generation.

So why are the stats showing Nintendo dominance there but you would consider them as second fiddle to the Xbox ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Wow, from what i been getting lately its like Sony is pushing most of their stock to Europe and been neglecting Asia for the last 2 weeks and US for the last while.
I think this could be a mistake for them. Its almost like they are trying to hold on to the euro markets and are willing to lose others. Its like The Liguid Laser said early buyers will influence their friends.

Kakadu18 said:

The extreme drop in PS5 sales in Japan was a good indicator of low stock.

I'm now starting to look as japan software sales to get a better picture, and it still doesn't look good at all for the PlayStation, something is badly wrong  

Around the Network
Rab said:
Kakadu18 said:

I'm now starting to look as japan software sales to get a better picture, and it still doesn't look good at all for the PlayStation, something is badly wrong  

Yup, really starting to wonder if those yield issues reported by several outlets before launch has some truth to it.

Rab said:
Kakadu18 said:

PS5 software sales aren't nearly as bad in other parts of the world. Look at the other software charts and you will see some PS5 games in the top 10 from time to time.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

From the article of the same name.  The gentleman ask for someone to take a bet and I decide why not.  Did I misinterpret something?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

From the article of the same name.  The gentleman ask for someone to take a bet and I decide why not.  Did I misinterpret something?

Not that I can see. Some people can be a bit trigger happy when it comes to upvoting and downvoting comment.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

DroidKnight said:

Trust me dude im still waiting for this so called new system to come into place with the voting after my thread made such a big deal about it. Yep.. Still waiting... And waiting etc etc.

Think its almost time to make another new thread.