By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Climb, PS5 Sales Drop Below 100K - Global Hardware May 8-14

trunkswd said:
zero129 said:

Yet this is going on for such a long time. My thread was made like 6 months ago ~(I think if not more). How long does it take to add a name to the downvotes or remove them, or make it where they can only use so many etc. (cant really remember what the outcome was). And worse thing is as soon as someone brings it up the votes go back up to make it look like its not a problem.

I know things can take time but the biggest promblem i see with this site atm is the front page and the voting system as thats the first thing people are going to see before they come to the forums.

Bandorr only joined us within the last month to work on stuff and he been busy with other things. The list of fixes and changes is over 50 long. He is volunteering, so can only put so much time into things. We don't have the money to hire a full time coder.

When it comes to the front page. What changes would you want to see?

Be honest like i said in my original Thread i want  supporters to have their down votes cut as it makes the front pge look one sided, or just remove down votes.

Like i said before i was one of the original people on this site who wanted down votes even on the forum but after seeing how they are used id sooner if they where just removed from the site or if they are kept just allow everyone to have the same amount of up votes and down votes. the is no reason for someone who is paying to have more of a voice on the front page when its clear thats where everyone lands first. I can imagine a lot of PC and Xbox fans are turned away for this simple reason.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Be honest like i said in my original Thread i want  supporters to have their down votes cut as it makes the front pge look one sided, or just remove down votes.

Why should exactly the supporters have their down votes removed ? So any normal user should be able to vote, but if you are a supporter you can't ?

Instead of making you more valid, you want supporters to have less options than the regular user. I am against!

Also, if a person who is considering becoming supporter and pay and help the team, the voting is just one more reason to become supporter.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 23 May 2022

yo33331 said:
zero129 said:

Why should exactly the supporters have their down votes removed ? So any normal user should be able to vote, but if you are a supporter you can't ?

Instead of making you more valid, you want supporters to have less options than the regular user. I am against!

Also, if a person who is considering becoming supporter and pay and help the team, the voting is just one more reason to become supporter.

Dont twist my words. i never said "Removed" i said "Cut" as in they shouldnt be able to vote 2-4x as many times as a normal user. It makes everything one sided.

zero129 said:

Dont twist my words. i never said "Removed" i said "Cut" as in they shouldnt be able to vote 2-4x as many times as a normal user. It makes everything one sided.

Okay. Still I like the option. And my last point still stands. But it's what the admins decide.

yo33331 said:
zero129 said:

Okay. Still I like the option. And my last point still stands. But it's what the admins decide.

The voting should not be an option at all. They can give other things to supporters. Like i said giving multi votes is like Pay to Win in gaming. The one who pays wins even if their opinion isnt valid.

Around the Network

I feel like the subject of article votes should be its own thread, we're drifting off topic here.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Rab said:
Kakadu18 said:

The extreme drop in PS5 sales in Japan was a good indicator of low stock.

I'm now starting to look as japan software sales to get a better picture, and it still doesn't look good at all for the PlayStation, something is badly wrong  

So it went from Globally in the US to Globally in Japan?

When did that happen?

Is it just me or is it the first week when XB has outsold PS in Japan?

Kristof81 said:

Is it just me or is it the first week when XB has outsold PS in Japan?

The Xbox 360 did it a few times.

IIRC the Xbox One launched a year later than the PS4 in Japan, and that one week of its launch week it outsold the PS4, then sales immediately fell off. I think that was the last time Xbox outsold PS in Japan for a week.

Demand for Xbox in Japan remains low (quite low, if we are being honest) but it is much healthier than the demand for the Xbox One was. I think the Xbox series consoles will pass the original Xbox in lifetime sales in Japan, and I don’t think 1,000,000 lifetime in Japan is off the table for the Series X|S, if Microsoft really tries. The Series S could fill a niche for a tiny, inexpensive western AAA and indie game playing box that I think could make sense for some people in a market like Japan