By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 14, 2022 - (28th Mar - 3rd Apr)

ShadowLink93 said:

Oled down to 34K meant this week was "bad" for Switch. Hopefully Nintendo can produce 50k Oleds a week very soon, 50K Oleds usually means around a 90K total for Switch.

Is the stock situation for OLED bad in Japan? The switch OLED is easily available in the west and has been most of the year. 

also I think Xbox sales are the highest they have ever been world wide . 

mM
Around the Network

Elden Ring is holding strong. It's still going to be in the top 10 for a while and the top 30 even longer. Several Nintendo evergreens are up this week too.

Nice 2nd week for Kirby

BOTW just casually walked back into the top 10 following its sequel's delay.

Does Elden Ring PS4 offer a free PS5 upgrade in Japan?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Disappointing Switch sales this week. Pretty strong Kirby hold though.

Switch OLED model shortages obviously. OLED model dropped 30 %, while Switch Lite and regular model sold the same as last week.

Switch is cooling off, as it should. I don't see it hitting ps2/DS numbers. I know others disagree. But I am seeing 3rd best all time, which is still stellar.

People overreacting to Switch sales once more it seems.
Same thing happened when Pokemon launched.
It remains to be seen if it will continue to decline weekly. Could very well be OLED stock situation.
Could also be that 65k will be the new baseline for a while which would be fantastic for it.

Great sales either way you look at it.
I dont think anyone expected Switch to peak this year but it can definitely outdo 2019.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

People overreacting to Switch sales once more it seems.
Same thing happened when Pokemon launched.
It remains to be seen if it will continue to decline weekly. Could very well be OLED stock situation.
Could also be that 65k will be the new baseline for a while which would be fantastic for it.

Great sales either way you look at it.
I dont think anyone expected Switch to peak this year but it can definitely outdo 2019.

Unless I am missing something the Switch is down ~24% YTD...  which yes is still great, but a decline non the less.  I don't see anybody 'overreacting.'  Just reading the data as is.  And being the third greatest selling console of all time is nothing to sneeze at.  Not catching the DS/ps2 isn't required to be successful.  

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Next week BotW could get past the 2M mark in Japan in physical sales alone.

It already passed the 2 Million mark and not this week. There is two SKUs. One fo Breath of the wild and one for Breath of the wild Plus the expansion. The first is 1.99 millions and the 2nd is around 60k.