By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 106M, XS Outsells PS5 - Global Hardware Mar 20-26

So before adding this weeks numbers, you adjusted last weeks PS5 US numbers down by 20k?

Around the Network

Japan is interesting this week. Switch is of course at the top. But PS5 isn't getting quite as bodied by it as usual. Terrible week for the Xbox Series over there, only managing a few hundred units. I wonder if there is a stock issue, given that the Series is doing better in Japan than most Xbox consoles have.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Great week for all 3 consoles. Glad to see the PS5 back over 200k.

Stock is an issue for Sony.... but it has to be really hurting them at this point. MS is gaining a bunch of momentum.

Wasn't there a rumor that Sony plans on manufacturing 1M more PS4's this year? So far they've been at a baseline of 15-16k. That's not enough to hit that mark currently.

Around the Network

Good to see both XS and PS5 over 200k. Xbox continuing to press its advantage, above PS5 for the third week in a row.

Switch is smashing it as usual, truly a force of nature at this point.

Doctor_MG said:

Wasn't there a rumor that Sony plans on manufacturing 1M more PS4's this year? So far they've been at a baseline of 15-16k. That's not enough to hit that mark currently.

I assumed that was just a confirmation that they were manufacturing more than half a million.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something closer to 500,000 than a million.

700,000 plus whatever existing stock they had would probably be about right.

Nice switch sales once again.
Keeping that 300k+ weekly sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Mar1217 said:

Switch comfortable in jogging it's way to the 110M milestone.

I don't remember but has it beaten the PSX lifetime sales yet ?

Yep, PS1 sold 102.49 million.

Switch seems to be selling about 1m every 3 weeks. Assuming they can keep supply up that means they'll sell about 13m after 39 weeks plus another 10-13m for the final quarter of the year. We know software is going to stay solid all year too. I wouldn't be surprised if Switch is close to flat YoY by the time we get to the end of the year.