By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Switch Online Voice Chat Set Up

Tagged games:

I have never played my Switch online. Recently I agreed to play Super Mario 3D World through online co-op with a friend of mine. Usually we play online through PSN and the voice chat is simple. I know the Swtich online system is not as intuitive but what do you think is the best way to set up voice chat. Is there a mic you recommend? Should we use a 3rd party chat app? Pretty much anything other than talking through a phone call I am open to.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Sitting next to them on the couch.

Two cups and a piece of string :V

Discord + Mic + Compatible device is all you need. Laptop? Phone? ipod touch?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Kinda the same as a phone call with a headset though.

If they have a small earphones for their phone, could pop them under the headset they use for Switch. Probably how I'd do it tbh.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Kinda the same as a phone call with a headset though.

If they have a small earphones for their phone, could pop them under the headset they use for Switch. Probably how I'd do it tbh.

Yea pretty much since the switch itself doesn't have voice chat afaik so he needs another device regardless. The Discord app on the phone doesn't take up the phone function so if he is say worried about missing incoming calls or using up his minutes, it would be a good alternative.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Discord is probably best option. Why Nintendo shuns voice chat I have no idea... Maybe too many complaints of pedophiles on Wii speak playing animal crossing?  Or maybe that Wii U voice channel that no one used?

Discord

If I play online on Switch with voice chat, I always use Discord on my phone. You could also use Skype.

I think I used the NSO app once for voice chat, but the sound quality was worse than Discord.

It depends on the title, some of them have built-in voice chat like Fortnite, in that situation you can just use your Switch by plugging a headset into your Switch, be it in the headphone jack or with a audio usb dongle on the dock. I've used both and they work.

For some select Nintendo titles you have the NSO, but it's a hasstle to use.

I prefer to use a simple phone call, Whatsapp or Discord on my mobile together with a bone conduction bluetooth headset, then I can listen to both the in-game audio and voice chat at the same time.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"