By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Switch Online Voice Chat Set Up

Tagged games:

If I play online on Switch with voice chat, I always use Discord on my phone. You could also use Skype.

I think I used the NSO app once for voice chat, but the sound quality was worse than Discord.

Around the Network

It depends on the title, some of them have built-in voice chat like Fortnite, in that situation you can just use your Switch by plugging a headset into your Switch, be it in the headphone jack or with a audio usb dongle on the dock. I've used both and they work.

For some select Nintendo titles you have the NSO, but it's a hasstle to use.

I prefer to use a simple phone call, Whatsapp or Discord on my mobile together with a bone conduction bluetooth headset, then I can listen to both the in-game audio and voice chat at the same time.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Appart from Splatoon and Smash. What other games would necessarily need one I wonder ?

Anywoo, for 3rd party apps you got Discord and Telegram you can use on another device in simul so it ain't difficult to set up something with your friends much

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Discord + a compatible device. Maybe the NSO app on a phone, but I've never tried it.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima